• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by jfl1960

1. jfl1960

Stock 5.0 upper vs HO upper intake

Other than the 63mm in the HO intake vs 52ish mm opening in the stocker are there any other differences in the upper intakes, I know the lowers are the same, I have two of the stock intakes (UPPER AND LOWER) and one HO TB at 63mm with correct egr spacer for HO setup, would it be possible to just...
  2. jfl1960

5.0L factory fuel rails

just wondering if anyone knows what the ford factory fuel rails would support HP wise for the 86 to 93 version that came on the crown vic 5.0 and 5.8?? And what advantage would I have running an adjustable regulator vs the vacuum unit, new to fuel injection and trying to learn as much as I can...
  3. jfl1960

Replacement Radius Control Arms 1988 Ranger 4x2

Ok I have searched the forum and cannot find an answer to my problem, first off some background, I have a 1988 LWB Ranger that is getting the 5.0 conversion, I have gotten to the suspension and found that my radius control arms are getting pretty ripe, lots of rust and thin in some spots, I have...
  4. jfl1960

Duplicolor Engine Enamel

Hey guys got a question regarding engine paint, I am sure you have all heard of Dupli-Color with ceramics for engine blocks and such, well I am in Canada and all I can find is the Dupli-Color Acrylic Polymer engine enamel, no mention of ceramics at all on the can anywhere. I contacted...
  5. jfl1960

Help identifying engine for year and power

I picked up this engine/transmission combo (ford 5.0L unknown year and origin plus an AOD non electronic also unknown year and origin) from a fellow racer who was moving and needed to get his stuff cleared out so I traded him a set of tires valued at around $350.00, pretty good deal IMO, I have...
  6. jfl1960

Lowering and and weight reduction = alignable?

There are several types of weight reduction conditions that would enhance the performance of your vehicle, the ideal weight distribution is 50/50 front to rear, that is not going to happen on a ranger, lowering the truck lowers the center of gravity thus reducing body roll and improves handling...
  7. jfl1960

Lowering and and weight reduction = alignable?

Did a 3 inch drop via springs in my 1988 2WD Ranger build, major negative camber, then installed a 5.0L and that made it worse, currently I am sourcing camber slugs for the front end. Drop beams would have been best solution. Will post back once I have mine corrected. Check my cardomain site...
  8. jfl1960

Power Steering vs Manual Steering

Is it worth the horsepower gain to go to manual steering, the manual box is half the weight of the power steering box and really clears up some room in a very cramped area, but how much HP would I free up and how much of a bear would this be to drive in town?
  9. jfl1960

1988 Ranger v-8 5.0L

Fabricated Motor Mount Brackets (based on Trans Dapt or Advance Adapters design) Hey guys, I am in the middle of my 88 ranger conversion, been experimenting with motor mounts and so far not real happy, tried the foxbody mounts and found they sat my motor too high for my liking, toyed with the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad