• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 87xlt

1. 87xlt

87 Rad Swap

Hey I've got a 87 ranger, 2.9l manual truck. truck has a 3 inch body lift, and i was wondering, what rad will swap in fairly easily. I bought a 93 exploder rad 2 core from a junker, but its no-where near bolt in. Any one have a suggestion as to what other decently big rads will drop right in???
  2. 87xlt

Water Pump Replacment

So I've had a coolant leak for a while now. Replaced the thermostat, nothing. So I figured i should replace the water pump. Ripped it all apart and this was waiting for me on the other side... http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6738512&l=cd82942180&id=595165257 I have no idea where the...
  3. 87xlt

2.9L wont start

hey there got a 87 ranger 2.9L the truck has been sitting for a few months now. I swapped transmissions from a fm 145 to a mazda 5 speed. the truck started once i let it run for about 15 mins. and turned it off. now the truck wont start at all. Ive got a test light and have power going to...
  4. 87xlt

Front Turn signal issues....

hey, got a 87 ranger ex cab, 4x4, 2.9L problem is with the front turn signals...they work with no lights on, and they don't work with any lights on (park/headlights). the rear works fine with the exception of the LH rear light....the turn signal is barely noticeable with the lights on, works...
  5. 87xlt

clutch line

im having trouble getting the cluthc line into the slave of my mazda....anybody have some tips? i know theres a speical tool to remove the line, but ive searched around and cant find anthing on it....would i need it to put the line back in??? thanks for any help
  6. 87xlt

FM145 to M5OD

Hey just finished throwing in the mazda trans....i did have a FM145 before truck is:87 ranger ex. cab, m50d, 1350 manual, 35 front/8.8 rear Question.....Anyone know what d-shafts will exactly work??? I've been looking for some that had the M5OD or FM146 in a Ranger.....but just wondering if...
  7. 87xlt

clutch line for mazda tranny

just wonerding if theres a special tool to get the clutch line off the slave on the mazda tranny.....i dont want to be buying a new line so any help/tips would be appreceiated! thanks
  8. 87xlt

FM 145 to M50D

im swapping my fm 145 in my 87 ranger to a exploder m50d that was behind a 4.0L ive been searching fore a few days, but kinda confusing on what ive read. do i have to use a 4.0l clutch/starter and that stuff or will my 2.9 stuff work? thanks for any help
  9. 87xlt

BW doubler kit

anyone know if there are kits for a bw 1350-1354 doubler? ive heard to stay away from DD machine, but are they the only guys who make a kit?
  10. 87xlt

Turn signal problems...

Hey I've got a 87 ranger ex. cab I've got a slight problem with the turn signals in the truck... With any lights on(headlights/park lights) the turn signals dont work, but with no lights on the turn signals do work..... Any one got any ideas? The rear LH lights dont work at all, and I still...
  11. 87xlt

Last Time Out

A few pics from the last time I was out wheeling....nothin to crazy as I was with a stock Bronco 2
  12. 87xlt

Mar.9/08 Wheelin'

here are a few pics from sunday heres some pics when i decided not to follow the road...
  13. 87xlt

TRS Girls

Wow those girls who model the TRS shirts are smokin'! and thats all I gotta say.:beer:
  14. 87xlt

Wheelin' Feb. 24/08

wheelin on vancouver island... buddy in the 3rd gen has a 4inch with 33's
  15. 87xlt

8.8 in a ex. cab

ive got a 8.8 outta a 92 exploder going into my 87 ranger ex. cab....just wanted to know if any other ex.cab guys have done this swap?? im just wondering how the d-shaft looks, cause when i line the axle up to equal sides, the d-shaft is way to the left. ive got about 5 1/4" on both sides from...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad