• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 1996DANGERRANGER

1. thought on a way to increase fuel mileage. .just a thought

okay so i'm not a wiz with gas engines (my degree is with diesels) but from my understanding the more vacuum a engine has the more efficient its running right? so my idea is instead of using engine vacuum to operate the brake booster and heater box blend doors have a remote electric vacuum pump...
  2. Can i use a M50D-R1HD in my 1995

i have a 1995 ranger 4x4 4.0 5speed and my trans is going out. i found a 02 ranger trans and according to the tech session i can but it says there are certain differences and i just want to make sure if i buy this trans that there will be no issues putting it in and that my driveshafts and...
  3. combating todays fuel prices

so today i was thinking of ways to improve my fuel economy on my truck. . and some newer vehicles now-a-days are using cylinder shut down to improve this. so my thought was if there is some way to be able to shut down the injector or something to the #5 and #6 cylinder to basically make it a 4...
  4. needed: pictures of gauge cluster

im in need of pictures of someones gauge cluster both while shut off . .and running at idle. .and preferably having the same truck as mine. .96 4.0 OHV 5speed. .i popped my needles off and am having trouble getting them realigned and didnt bother to take pictures before hand. .so if someone...
  5. odometer stopped working.

so i was just on a 2.5 hour drive and noticed about half way in that i had been at 189201 for about 20 minutes and my tripmeter doesnt work either. any thoughts? could it be the worm gear in the tail shaft or the cable? i havent had time to inspect casue im at college but i plan to sometime this...
  6. transfer case making bad noises.

so recently my transfer case has been making some bad sounds. it started right after i changed my rear brakes and for awhile the sound would stop if i hit my brakes. well now it does it all the time and its coming from right under me i think. so my tcse. my ranger has 189k and i havent had to do...
  7. fuel system trouble shooting. has this happend to you?

so i was driving to work and i was coming up to a red light so i pushed in my clutch and my truck died. well i found a blown 20amp fuse for my "fuel system" so i got another one put it in truck ran better than normal. i drove to the parts store with no issues at all and bought a spare fuse. i...
  8. hypertech programmer

i have a 96 4x4 ext cab 5 speed with the 4.0. and im running a hypertech max energy. and im supposed to use preimum fuel witht the tune(but with these fuel prices there aint no way im going to pay that much. so how bad is it for my motor if i dont. i've been doing it for about a year and a half...
  9. should i get painted bumpers??

well my bumpers are rusting. .so i was goign to go to certifit and get some new ones but they only have painted bumpers and they're cheaper than chrome ones anways so what you think. my truck is purlpe(sonic blue) and the grille is painted to match. so i think the bumpers would look good
  10. abs constantly kicking in>???

so i've noticed that my truck keeps making abs brake applications but primarly when im turning and braking or if my wheels are turned all the way to one side. so any answers?? im not to concerned with it but wondering why its doing it thanks in advance
  11. 3.8supercharer on my 4.0???

i remember reading about this awhile ago. and i found on for sale of a tbird. and i was wondering if anyone has done it? i rember hearin it was a pretty simple bolt on and plumb but i was wonderin if i would have to do anythin for my cumputer becasue of the Mass air flow sensor. .any hints or...
  12. wheel spacers

hello, im lookin at makin my own wheel spacers. but i want to make the ones that have the studs in them so they dont break off. .but i need to look at a pair so i was wondering if someone could post some pictures front and back of a pair. thanks in advance!
  13. poping from front end??

hello, so i was building a back rack for my truck and i rocked the truck side to side and there is a loud popping sound coming from he front end. i also notice it when the truck is first used and it slowly goes away. .and only when i hit bumps and turn??? any ideas. .i know my wheel bearings are...
  14. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!! tcase questions. ..

hello, i have a 96 ford ranger 4.0 5 speed. and my transfer case doesnt work so i found a used one and its out of a 95 auto 4.0 explorer. . .My Transfer case is a 13-54 and the one i found is a 44-05. ive done a little research but im still a little confused so will it work?!?!?!?! thanks alot!
  15. 4x4 actuator

hello, i need the actuator that goes on top of the tcase and i was wondering if anyone knew where i could get one? i found one place but it was 120to150 for it. .let me know thanks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad