• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 08hybridok

1. 08hybridok

Power draw?

So passing on the ranger to the youngest kid; it's had it's share of electrical issues; but lately seems pretty stable. So this weekend we swapped out the radio for an upgrade; everything seems fine. Drive around the next day, still good, so he goes to school today, started fine this morning...
  2. 08hybridok

Wet/grease near lower rad hose???

So trying to troubleshoot my battery cable issue; I noticed a wet area where the lower radiator hose goes into the block. And even a little over to the cranckcase pully. I cant tell if its oil/greasy or antifreeze (couldn't get my hand over to touch it) but it looks black; but so does everything...
  3. 08hybridok

Battery cables?

I think I might need to replace the positive cables. Daughter just returned from a short trip; went to restart & nothing, everything was dead (dome, radio, etc). I vaguely recall a similar issue when I sparked the starter changing the oil filter once, and again after I replaced the starter...
  4. 08hybridok

Add a leaf - concerns

Just did a add-a-leaf kit on my kids truck. No instructions in the kit; just kinda followed some youtube videos. Jacked, tires off, u-bolts off, shocks off, c-clamped leafs, removed center pin (driver side had to be cut, pass came off). lowered axle, took leafs apart (I didn't even know there...
  5. 08hybridok

99 3.0 changed oil, no no start/kills all power!

Ugh, started a simple oil change 6 hours ago; now when I turn the key I hear a small click under the hood somewhere; then all power goes out! If I disconnect the battery for a min, the power returns (lights, radio, ac, etc) I did forget to disconnect the battery before removing the oil filter...
  6. 08hybridok

air shocks leaking, safe to drive?

So to level the bed, I thought I'd replace the old (original?) shocks with air shocks. They lasted about a year and now the bed is sagging again. Went to blow them up (thought the freezing temps just lowered the pressure); but I can hear a hiss as soon as I try. Since its going to be freezing...
  7. 08hybridok

knocking... ?!

knocking; maybe tapping... ?! woke up this morning, running late, start up, and I hear a light knock. Turn off, back on and it's was still there, but lighter. Possibly sounds like a lifter knock. Was fine when parked Fri afternoon. Background : I've been smelling burnt oil (pretty...
  8. 08hybridok

99 3.0 Fuel Guage acting up

So bought the truck in December, been doing some minor repairs; and had everything working (except the delayed oil gauge). But I noticed once in a while the fuel gauge would be off, like I'd park at night with 1/2 tank, go to work in the morning with nearly full tank (I know I ain't lucky...
  9. 08hybridok

Some random issues

So I have some general issue question that covers more than 1 topic; I'd like to ask all in one post; but if I need to post to each heading I will. 99 3.0FFV After filling my AC with a recharge/conversion/oil kit, some mornings right after starting I get a little groan/squeal from up front...
  10. 08hybridok

Colored DIY Bedliner?

Looking dow the road a few months for this project; but how many choices do I have for a colored DIY (Spray or roll-on) bedliner in white? I've been reading thru the forums, and dupi-color is NOT highly recommended; Herceliner is, as well as another name that slips my mind right now. I see on...
  11. 08hybridok

99 delay/acc power to radio?

So my 99 has an after market radio, a harness from the factory wiring & a harness to the back of the radio; but those 2 harness wires are just twisted together. I see the 99 has auto delay accessories like the windows; but the radio kills immediately. Is one of the factory wires hot until a...
  12. 08hybridok

Need a creative way to store new spare winch crank

So I got a new winch from a junk yard (they supplied the part vs pull my own). It is more like the style on my F150 or Expedition, it has a slot style (flat head screwdriver) vs the old ranger one was square, to be lowered with the jack parts. I like the slot style with the long crank style...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad