• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1. Loss of Power issue 01 3.0L Edge

Hello all. This is my first post. You guys always have great advice and feedback, and I am now myself kinda stumped with something so here goes. I have a 01 Ranger Edge 3.0 (U) Gas 110k miles on the clock It will intermittently have loss of power when driving, especially so here and there when...
  2. 2001 4.0 Flashing O/D Off Occasionally...

I own a 2001 Ranger XLT 2WD with the notorious 4.0 SOHC engine. However, I'm at almost 350,000mi and the engine is fine, but I am becoming concerned with my transmission. Twice now, at the same part of highway, I got the dreaded flashing "O/D Off" light. Truck continued driving and shifting...
  3. Finally got a Ranger again!!

2001 XLT 4.0L 4x4 off-road I just picked up a ranger for dirt cheap the engine sounds great but it has a bad tranny. I sold my last one and was regretting it the moment I sold it so now I'm happy to have one again. However I have to put a new transmission in and i need advice on how to do that...
  4. Can't find pigtails!

I have a 2001 XLT and I'm working on my cooling system again. I needed to replace both pigatils for the coolant temperature sensors (on the thermostat housing) since the wire was frayed. However I can't seem to find these pigtails anywhere! Has anyone ever replaced these before? I'm really...
  5. 4.0L Valve Cover Leaks!!!

So today in a few hours I'm replacing the valve cover gaskets on my ol beautiful 2001 XLT 4.0 (or at least I'm starting the work today). Does anybody have any suggestions as to what else I should/could replace while I have the valve covers off? Anybody have any tips for this job? Help is...
  6. Southern California (IE)

Hey TRS! Name is Ian, have a 2wd project (2001 2.5 lima 5spd) looking forward to being apart of TRS. Thanks
  7. Help Need Double Lift Knowledge

I have a suspension lift on my 2wd 01 ranger. 4 inch in front and 2 in back, spindle and shackle. I would like to know, if I were to do a 3 inch body lift so I can fit 33's or 35's, what should I need to prepare for as far as extending brake lines or steering column length and any other advice...
  8. 01 Ranger 5.0 Swap

I have a 01 ranger automatic, its a 2.3 and doesn't give me what I need. I want something much bigger and have no idea where to start. I need to know from you all what I can do. Prices, which vehicle is ideal to take the motor from, and any specifics that I need. I don't have a large amount of...
  9. 2001 4.0 oil problems

i have a 2001 ranger and a couple months ago i started my truck in the morning and the oil gauge was on low and check gauge light came on, a couple minutes later when the car warmed up a little, the gauge went to regular and check gauge light goes off. ive changed the oil every 3000 miles and...
  10. How to mount kc lights in grill.

Hey everyone I have a 98 ranger but I'm doing a 2001 front end swap to get the honeycomb grill and I was going to mount kc daylighters inside if it. I want to cut out hole in the grill so the lights are flush with the grill and was wondering if anyone has done this. I've seen pictures of this...
  11. lpdizzydawg

2.5 maf sensor compatable with 3.0?

ok i have just bought my 2nd ranger now owning two. GO ME lol j/j. anyways both are 2001s, well i just bought the 3.0 2months ago and on start up in the lot it was a horrible idle and strugllled to stay alive, i figured it just hadnt been started in a while. as i drove it off the lot on start up...
  12. lpdizzydawg

Edge front end on 01 2.5

Hello guys i need to know if the Edge Front end consisting of the hood grille fenders with flares and bumpers will be a direct swap on my 2.5. i do understand that the fenders will my main concern is the grille hood and bumper. i want the beefier look for my truck. i am about to undergo a HUGE...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad