• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1986 ranger

1. 1980’s Ford Ranger frame serial number location

Hi I recently purchased a 1948 Ford F1 truck sitting on I believe a mid 80’s possibly 1986 Ranger frame. The 48 truck body glove box VIN plate is missing so I am trying to locate the Ranger frame VIN number to try to get the truck licensed here in Canada. Any help in finding where to search...
  2. spaceranger

Long time listener first time caller.

Been hanging around these forums since high school when I had my first truck, Isabella, a '96 4-banger ranger. Lean mean indestructible machine. Been looking for a square body for years and finally just grabbed an '86 V6 Extended Cab 4x4 from Georgia. Drove it 14 hours up the coast to the cold...
  3. Hi new member here

Hi, I own a 1986 ford ranger xl with the 2.9l and a 5 speed manual. I've also owned a 1999 ford ranger as well, that having the 4.0 and a 5 speed manual. I joined to ask you fellow mechanics a question on my 86 ranger. it has no spark, there's power to the coil it's a new coil new plugs new...
  4. Ranger86er

New to the station

How we doin’? I live in the great state of Maine and although this state is magical in a ton of ways; it still eats vehicles. The DOT drops enough salt to rust out the best of them. Luckily my ‘86 Ranger 2.9L manual transmission came from Arizona, where apparently vehicles live forever, and has...
  5. egr tube and interchangeable parts.

so, i just got this truck and the hole in the manifold was plugged and the tube is gone and the egr was open. having trouble finding a replacement egr tube. removed the egr valve and plugged the hole for a quick fix but am losing power going into first and sometimes second
  6. How to: Install inline/high pressure fuel pump (86 ranger 2.3 gas)

Hi there Truck: 1986 Ford Ranger, 2.3L 4cyl gas, 2WD (Her names Eileen) She spits and sputters and idles rough when it is warm out. Runs slightly better in milder temperatures. Also smells like gas all the time. My first suspect was the fuel pump, as I have changed the pressure regulator and...
  7. A Series of Unfortunate Events

Ok, so I bought an 86 Ranger back in February. There were a few "minor" issues disclosed, but it ran great so I overlooked them. Oil leak, vibration at high speeds, power steering pump bad, brake booster hisses, etc. $1400 wasn't too bad for it. Body was/is in excellent shape. Tires brand new...
  8. 84 mustang engine going into a 86 ranger

Hello, I purchased a 1986 ford ranger recently and wanted a little more umph and I saw this 1984 mustang with a 2.3L. My truck has a 5 speed manual I was hoping someone would know if the bolt pattern matched up, I'm not sure if the 2 year difference would make a difference. Thanks
  9. eclipseguy

dana 44 and 9"

There is a local offroad shop here that has a matching set of axles that came off a 79 bronco. There is the high pinont Dana 44 with radious arms and 4.10 gears and a 9" with 4.10s also. He is asking $500 for the set. Seemes like a good deal to me. What do you guys think?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad