• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. EGR Low 0401 CEL and 4x hubs

OK, no where else to turn for answers and I know (sure the hell hope becasue its driving me crazy) someone here has to know. 1999 4.0 B4000 4X4, 177K. I had the head gaskets replaced, since I've had the P0401 CEL, before I had the lean code and 401.. Coming off the intake (drivers side in the...
  2. DPFE hose connections

I have looked at every post, images on a web search and YouTube video, can't find the answer layed out.. Chasing the P0401 code I decided to swap the DPFE becasue it was the orginal metal one. In doing this, I believe I found the hoses swaped, can someone please confirm this is the proper...
  3. P0401 - dpfe

Hi, I have a 99 B4000 (Ranger) 4.0, 177K that is throwing the apparently famous P0401 code. I have checked all the vacuum lines for breaks and cleaned them out with Mass Air Cleaner spray. I know most are not fans of just replacing stuff but I don't have a vacuum pump but from what I have read...
  4. Motor Swap, tranny alignment question

As my luck goes, my 1999 4.0 B4000 (Ranger) blew the head gasket w/ 175K. I found a great deal on a 4.0 out of a 2000 ranger but its a manual transmission, mine is automatic. My question; will a VIN X 4.0 2000 motor that came from a manual tranny bolt directly to a 1999 4.0 VIN X with an auto...
  5. Rugged Ridge hub replacements

As luck goes, tons of snow and no 4x4.. Instead of bringing it (99 B4000/Ranger) in and paying diagnostic fees up front, I figure I'll take a stab at replacing the vacuum locking hubs with the Rugged Ridge 15001.70 manual locking hubs.. as far as troubleshooting, I flip the switch and the hubs...
  6. Window Trim

The seal under the extended cab 99 B4000 window trim (chrome) has shrunk over time and will not stay down. I have looked all over but can't find the OEM window trim gasket (or maybe called a seal), does anyone else have an idea if there is a generic type of gasket I can use? It drives me crazy..
  7. 1999 door panel lights

I just got a 1999 B4000, both the passenger and drivers door panel lights for the locks and windows don't work. The dome light and chime are fine.. An ideas? I searched and saw a relay under the dash as a suspect. Thanks a ton! Ivan
  8. New to the Rangers

Hi all, I needed a third vehicle (My 16 year old has made taken my car from mine to ours to hers:dunno:) and was stuck on either Ranger or S10 for under 5K.. Well, after three months of looking through Craigslist posts and local stuff I finally found a gem, I hope anyway.. Picked up a 1999...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad