• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 140+K miles, should i re-ring ? and other rebuild questions

the engine came from a 1993 Explorer 4x4 and had 140K when pulled from that and dropped in a 92 Ranger, though he didnt specify how many miles he put on it in the Ranger. from the looks of it, it never ran after being in the Ranger. i planned on only replacing rods and mains for insurance but...
  2. X2x2 Ecm

so yesterday, i got a complete wiring harness and ECM from a 92 Explorer (manual trans ECMs are popular in these junkyards). i could have swore it was a 2wd, but everything i find here says the X2X2 is for a 4wd RBV. will i be able to use this PCM in a 2wd ?
  3. Weird Observations..any answers ?

10 days ago, i turned 10k miles on the rebuilt motor i bought. right before then as well as after, i noticed the sound of the engine was more throaty and the exhaust note became deeper. also, my gas mileage started steadily climbing and the engine is running cooler. it doesnt seem to have any...
  4. My Craigslist find

picked it up for $100 and he even threw in these cause im a nice guy lol oh yeah, gotta love it now my 2.9l - 4.0l swap is gonna take place sooner than i thought. just gotta refresh the motor and MAYBE put a cam in it.
  5. new wheels/tires !

Kumho Ecsta ASX 225/60/16 rubber with 02 Ranger wheels
  6. new to the 2.9, but old to the Ranger

(lengthy post, grab another cup of coffee) this being my 5th Ranger, it is my first 2.9. previous Rangers were 83 2.8 C3, 84 2.0 4 speed, 85 2.3 5 speed, 94 4.0 A4LD, and now this 88 2.9 5 speed. about the truck: bought it for $500 supposedly with a cracked block. after buying a motor from...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad