• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. OdinAF

Game Over?

So I'm driving over to a buddies to help him with his dead battery, I head to this 200ft climb I have made about 67 times before with no problem. Not today, I start to head up the hill and I see my speed start to drop but I'm pushing 3k Rmps and climbing....but there's no power going to the...
  2. OdinAF

Cam Question

So I'm reading my Haynes manual and it says the stock cam lobe on the 93 4.0 rangers on I and E is .2756 Now I have been told the 410 will push the valve out to 4.65/.5 per there specks here, but here is where I'm confused... " Ford Ranger 4.0L 1990-2000, Camshaft (49-410-8) by COMP Cams®...
  3. OdinAF

Well this isn't right...

So I have the 195F thermostat in, and the Heavy Duty fan clutch. Now my engine will not get up to normal, it stays below the N all the time in traffic and highway. So the engine is not getting up to the right temp.
  4. OdinAF

Bad computer maybe?

So I bought a Innova 3140b for OBD1 and OBD2 with ABS+SRS upgrade( had to download) Because I wanted a good tool. So I plug into my 93 ranger 4.0, and run a KOEO test and it comes back 111/PASS. So I decided to run a KOEO Test and the computer says can not get Cylinder ID, run KOEO test till...
  5. OdinAF

Alternator?

So I was driving my 93 4.0 down the road and then I noticed my battery light was on, the lights and engine wear still running, but the lights where dimm. First thing I'm thinking is alternator and I'm running on the battery, So I get to destination and I check the voltage with the truck...
  6. OdinAF

This making me mad...

So I have Les Swabe do my rear drums and brakes, and the passenger rear side keeps locking up. So I took it back, and they said a part broke off, then it started locking up again, so I took it apart myself and it looks like the self adjuster was to tight, so I backed it way off and it was fine...
  7. OdinAF

93 needs work

I have a 93 4wd, that all the ball joints are shot, they need to be replaced, my question is on the front upper ball joints, do I have to replace the whole control are or just the ball joint.
  8. OdinAF

Power locks and fog lights

So, In the process of working with my new oldish truck, I noticed as I was trying to fix the fog lights (they don't come on if I push the switch with parking, head or highbeams), that I have a fuse for power locks...yet I don't have power locks.....I have to manually unlock and lock the doors...
  9. OdinAF

Power Door relay and fog lights

So, In the process of working with my new oldish truck, I noticed as I was trying to fix the fog lights (they don't come on if I push the switch with parking, head or highbeams), that I have a relay for power locks...yet I don't have power locks.....I have to manually unlock and lock the doors...
  10. OdinAF

Fan Clutch Rotation

So...either I'm missing something or something isn't right. So I had to now replace the fan....and to get the clutch off I had to turn it CCW, to install it I had to turn it CW....Now this brings one of two notes to mind. I'm pretty sure my engine rotates CW...so would this possible cause the...
  11. OdinAF

Transmission going dead?

So after swapping the engine, I now have anew issue, bit by bit I'm just making a new truck. So I have had like a chuggin feeling from the car in drive until it gets going. I did a filter and drain and fill of the transmission when I first got it. On the advice from people of this forum and a...
  12. OdinAF

Thinking this goes here...

So I'm thinking that this is a transmission issue on the A4DL... At least I assume this as there is a kit for it, at least I am assuming it's the same thing I experience. Now I did a TON of work on my truck since I got it. All fluids, filters, brakes, plus, wires, tires, drums...
  13. OdinAF

Omg it's everywhere!!!!

Okay so I had to jump my truck this morning for some reason.. Anyway I went to harbor freight to sell my soul to china, and left the truck idling with my girlfriend. I come out to find smoke pouring from under the hood [EDITED OUT BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE WHINEY] so aftershutting the engine down I...
  14. OdinAF

4.0 mpg

I'm looking to get a view form others regarding this. I feel like my truck is wrong. I have the 93 4X4 4.0 xlt. I didn't want but got 31X10.5 tires. And I do my best to keep it under 2kRPMS. yet I'm getting about 11-12mpg mixed. Even tho I just did all the plugs, wires, fluids,filters,cleaned...
  15. OdinAF

Is this oil pan or main seal?

As the title says. I already tried running AT-205 with little success.
  16. OdinAF

Has this been lifted?

As the title says, this is 93 xlt 4x4 I belive the tires are 31 somethign
  17. OdinAF

Pending Rolling Rockers

I just wanted to get this out there, but after talking to Morana over at http://www.moranav6racing.com he is in the process of creating 1.6",1.7",1.8" Roller Rockers for our engines. He's not sure on price but $800- $1000, but from my understanding its a kit for Rocker Rollers, Push Rods and...
  18. OdinAF

Question for our 422 guys

As the above says....if I switched to a 422 cam and 95TM heads, and I dropped in say some forged flat top pistons, that should bring my compression back to stock correct? I don't feel like paying for prem quite yet, and buy doing FT pistons I believe ( I have been know to be wrong) that would...
  19. OdinAF

Not so secret oil trick

So you have to fill your differentials or drain them. Well here is a simple trick that most know, but a ton don't, before draining drive you car to warm the oil up and like the spice, it must flowww. Now say you have to fill, I know I know, Your not sure how to heat the liquid, the same way I...
  20. OdinAF

Oil pan gasket leak

So my oil pan on my 4.0 v6 is leaking bad. How hard is this to replace? Just drain the block. Unbolt the pan and pry it lose. Clean the pan and block. Stick in replacement gasket (do I need sealant?:icon_confused:) and bolt back in?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad