• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. My Tranny...

Is now missing first and second gear... possibly third. Put the wrong tranny fluid in. :sad: This is on Ryannn's Ford Ranger... not my BII, For clarification.
  2. Bronco II for sale in my area...

http://www.reno4x4.com/forum/showthread.php/55404-Parting-out-crawler-project He even has links to TRS :shok:
  3. engine swap/oil in intake manifold

I'm working on swapping my old 2.9 for a better condition 2.9. I turned the engine upside down while on the engine stand to work on the oil pan. I had oil come out of the intake manifold. I'm assuming it was from the valley. Without tearing everything off the top is there a good way to clean...
  4. picked up a 2.9 today

Picked up a fairly clean 2.9 today out of a wrecked 2wd B-II. The problem is getting the manifold bolts out. This thing hasn't been apart ever. Snapped off three of the bolt on the drivers side.
  5. Wheel spacers?

Anyone use these on your rigs? The ford rims are 5-5.5?
  6. Donor vehicle?

How much do you guys usually spend on a donor for the BII upgrades? I'm considering a 92 exploder right now. 110,000 miles on it.
  7. Bad night

Looking more closely at what I've taken apart. I found some bad wear inside one of the cylinders. Thought I would get away with getting the heads redone. Might throw it back together and run it until it dies and then go for a 4.0 swap. Or thinking of doing a rebuild?:bawling:
  8. Rough country lift kits?

Anyone use the 4" rough country lift kit on their BII? Pros, cons? It says you can't use single steering stabilizer with this kit? I have a steering stabalizer and like it equipped with a stabilizer. Is there a way to install a stabilizer with this?
  9. Warped heads 2.9L?

Can a machine shop fix them if they are out of spec? I took mine off and I don't see any cracks. Mahle heads from Germany. Look fairly clean but might be out a little bit in the middle.
  10. Head gasket Question

On the head gasket on the 2.9L not all of the little ports are open. Should I open all the little port holes that are on the gasket?
  11. Water Pump

Fan Clutch removal? My book says to remove turn the nut counter clockwise? Is this correct? Is this facing the engine which would mean lefty loosey righty tighty? When I'm trying to turn counter clockwise it feels like I'm going to break everything. I'm pulling with enough torque to move the...
  12. Engine swap?

Bought an 87 BII yesterday. http://reno.craigslist.org/cto/2651896242.html Now I've found a donor vehicle, I think? It's a 93 Explorer with 90,000 miles on it. No mechanical problems, had an interior fire and the seats/interior wrecked. I've seen photos of the engine, nice and shinny! 400$ for...
  13. New BII owner

Hi from Nevada. My son Ryan got me hooked on this site. I just bought a BII today. We posted about two weeks ago with some photos from the craigslist add. Will have more coming soon. I'm looking at making this my daily drive. Needs some work to get into running order(heads). Has a fairly clean...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad