• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Tikker

2.3L ('02-'11) Best years for the 2.3l Durtec Engine?

Hello all, My '03 Mazda B2300 is puffing out a little white smoke, so I'm thinking about finding another engine to swap in. I've looked into other Durtec options like what was installed in other car's like the Miata or Mazda 3, and thought I could probably use the head/intake to help with...
  2. Tikker

2.3L ('02-'11) Esslinger Duratec to SBF Bellhousing Adapter

Has anyone tried the Esslinger adapter to use SBF transmissions? I've been wanting to convert my '03 Mazda B2300 to 4WD & always assumed I'd have to swap out engines to get it started. But since I came across this product, it seems possible to use it along with either a M5OD-R2 or ZF5...
  3. Tikker

Found an axle, want to see if the price is right or if I should pass.

I located an 8.8" axle of an Explorer Sport Trac, door code say's it has 4.10 gears and factory locker. Just got off the phone and was quoted $350 from complete axle included the brakes. Seems pretty good, but wanted to find out what others have been paying for them. Heading there tomorrow...
  4. Tikker

Would upgrading to the 8.8 be worth it for a 4cyl?

I'm looking to buy a Power Trax lock right locker to help with winter driving this year. I drive a '03 Mazda 2.3L with a manual & my driving style is very conservative to save on gas. I don't ever plan to put larger tires on the truck & the off-road driving I will ever do is on the gravel roads...
  5. Tikker

Early bronco Dana 44 & 8.8 w-5.13

Ok, I put up my Dana 60 & 10.25 from a '97 F350 up on craigslist. Well a guy said he would trade the axles in the title, the 8.8 has disk brakes and the dana 44 comes with the radius arms. He also metioned about a narrowed 9" but i don't think i need that over the 8.8. So how would you guys go...
  6. Tikker

Helper Springs Advice Needed.

I'm in the middle of debating which Hellwig helper springs i will need. The three I am looking at are the 550lbs; 1000lbs; & the 2000lbs models. Reason I'm looking at them is my '04 Ranger is sagging pretty low when loaded up with firewood. Last two loads have been with fresh oak and piled in...
  7. Tikker

I think its fixed...lol

:yahoo::beer::yahoo: After a few weeks of driving my truck, Its seems i've finallly fixed it!....with out spending as much as i thought i would:shok: I bought the truck when it having an emmisions light on. Took it home and found out that cyl. 1, 4 & 5 was missfiring, total of 5 codes, multiple...
  8. Tikker

What direction to go?

I recently purchased my Ranger to replace my '05 F150 4x4 I had, well i bought the truck knowing that the engine had problems but it runs fine at the moment and still in the process of getting the info on how bad it is to fix or replace. If the engine is bad, i'm considering swapping to a 5.0...
  9. Tikker

New here

Just stopping by to introduce myself here. Recently last week i bought a '04 Ranger, stepped down from an f150 after selling to finance a house later next year. So here's my new truck :D And the new wheels and tires i just picked up for the Ranger, they came off an Explorer. Tires are...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad