• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Slack in rear diff.

I have a 2002 4x4 4.0 4dr. I had the rear end jacked up to check the u joints and noticed that I can turn the rear wheels about 1/4 turn before the driveline moves, is this normal? If not what could be the cause?
  2. Drivetrain slack

I have a 2002 Ranger 4x4 4dr with an automatic and 4.0 extra cab. When I get up to around 60mph or higher I have a vibration in the drivetrain. My first thought was u joint. I got home jacked it up to check for slope in the u joints and found none. However I did notice that when I try and spin...
  3. White smoke

1988 4x4 2.9L. When I run on compression for a while like going downhill, then start back up hill I get white smoke out the exhaust. The engine runs ok, doesnt miss. There is no oil in the antifreeze, and no antifreeze in the oil. I am not loosing much antifreeze at all, could this be something...
  4. Engine swap

I have a 1988 4x4 with a 2.9. I also have a parts truck, its an 89 with a 2.9. The engine in the parts truck is a good runner and the one in the 88 is a smoker, so thinking of swapping them out. Do I need to swap the computers too?
  5. Throttle position sensor

Is there any way to test this? I am having issues with a miss at idle and low rpm's. I have already replaced plugs, wires, dist. cap and rotor, what would be next guess?
  6. 2.9 Misses and dies at idle only

1988 4x4 Ranger. Things I have already replaced: Co2 sensor, water sensor, map sensor, fuel filter, plugs, wires, dist.cap rotor, gas tank. Runs great out on the road, but misses at idle. If I set at a stop for a couple minutes with it it will die. Idles rough at low rpms, but runs great any...
  7. Lifter rattle

1988 Ranger 4x4 2.9L. Changed oil, spark plugs and wires. Started the truck and oil went everywhere. Shut it off right away. Found the oil leaking from the new filter. Removed the filter and found that the old gasket was still on it. Removed that gasket, put the filter back on. Refilled the...
  8. clutch question

1988 4x4 w/2.9. Couple of days ago the clutch started engaging as soon as I started to let pressure off the pedal, no free play at bottom of pedal. I got it home, checked the fluid and it was just about dry. I refilled, looked for leaks and found none. Now the clutch doesnt engage until it is...
  9. Help with power steering

I have an 88 ranger with 2.9l. I am trying to get the pulley off the power steering and it wont budge. Any ideas?
  10. Seafoam???

Is this really good for engines? A mechanic friend suggested I put it in my ranger.
  11. Was I taken?

I bought a 1988 Ranger 4x4 and on the drive home it started to run terrible. At first it would miss when I stepped down on the gas, but would smooth out if I let back up. Eventually it would miss all the time. I had to drive it 40 miles to get back to my house with a pass in the middle. Well...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad