• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. pyrosity

Overheating is pissing me off

I have a 97 ranger with a 3.0L...4X4 damn thing has been overheating when i use it in any way more than just plain jane driving... if i drive up a steep hill, 4 wheeling, or drive a curvy road in 1st OR 2nd gear for to long....IT OVERHEATS LIKE CRAZY..... it was spiking to max....found a...
  2. pyrosity

NOT GOOD! oh no, oh no, oh no...WOOPS!

:damnit1:Ok, so let me start off by stating that i am a highly qualified technician and have done over 200 bolt, screw extractions in my line of work..... STORY...... I was about to mount my water pump on my 302 motor in my B2. And i decided to run the bolts through the old sticky bolt holes...
  3. pyrosity

Accesory mounts were?

Ok...so im getting things put together for bolting up and i started looking at my steering pump and my alternator...i cant tell if it goes here or there...I thought the pump...actually i dont know what i thought....Alternator i believe mounts on passenger side...steering pump goes on driver...
  4. pyrosity

When it rains you come up with "PLAN B2"

LOL...well it basically said it all... It rained cats and dogs today and i was hard set to get some work done... Started by taking the heads off last week and found out the motor i have is brandnew...hasnt even been broken in yet i dont believe...pulled out one of the lifters and it still had...
  5. pyrosity

Shorty Headman Headers for my 5.0 swap

Just scored a set of nice headman headers for my swap...Anyone use these? there the shorty version....So hopefully thetyll clear everything they need to and give me a little more performance... Let me know..thanks!
  6. pyrosity

Motor mounts

Not sure what motor mounts i have in the bronco but they look like they make the 302 sit really low in the engine bay and not very strong...they look like regular motor mounts from an older vehicle with aluminum spacers that bring the motor up off them half an inch. they look like they work...
  7. pyrosity

Bronco2 steering column question

So my B2 has a broken steering column and a way busted up key slot. Basically its all in pieces... Its a 85 B2.... What other years of B2 will work with my 85? Could i use a differnt vehicles steering column?
  8. pyrosity

What the f is this?

can anyone tell me this means? its the tag off my transfer case i believe.. Im learning myself....lol
  9. pyrosity

What lift is this?

Got a bronco 2 with a supposed ranch lift kit, but im starting to think its not rancho....what is this crossmember thing in the picture? it goes right under the oil pan. and the extended radius arms allow the shock to go through the radius arm. ILL TRY TO TAKE A BETTER PICTURE OF IT...
  10. pyrosity

New project...lol

So during all moding of my ranger i decided i needed a reliable driver and a rig i could work on.....SO I GOT MYSELF A BRONCO2...lol... Gonna gut the front end out of my ranger and install it in the bronco2. Put everything i was gonna on the ranger into the bronco2 and then finish my...
  11. pyrosity

Measurements

Curious.....just Wanted To See Where Everyone Else Is At. Whats Your Measurement From The Rim Of Your Wheel-well To The Middle Of Your Hub? And What Inch Lift Do You Have On The Truck?
  12. pyrosity

break lights on but there working just fine!

so today i swaped over some stuff. installed my 6 inch coils and was gonna mess with new break lines but i got the wrong ones, so i hooked em back up, and proceeded to bleed the brakes. had the wife come out and do the pushing and well. I thought it was just fine! Then i went to go mob the...
  13. pyrosity

5.0L or 5.0L HO everyday driver? 2Questions

#1) Just wanted to know what people who have big lifts-33" tires or larger are getting for everyday gas mileage out of there V8 swaps? #2) also wanted to know for someone who is doing an extreme trailing, mudding, and rock application would it be better to have a 5 speed or automatic...
  14. pyrosity

jacks for 4x4

i have 5 inches of lift going for more...how the heck do you guys get more lift out of your jacks after you max them out...cuz im there or should i just get a hi lift jack? just curious...?
  15. pyrosity

dana 35 front converted to bigger?

well can you take a dana 35 front and take the 35 pumpkin out of it and put a different, larger, stronger pumpkin in the carrier? Im trying to keep my TTB... I dont mind changing TTBS...but i want the independant suspension...any ideas?
  16. pyrosity

Jeep wouldnt start.

So last night me and the wife met up at a friends house and after leaving and about to take off, the wifes jeep was cranking over but wasnt starting. so i got out of my rig went over to her and tried telling her to turn it off and then crank it to the on position just to were the lights turn on...
  17. pyrosity

Extended radius arm question?

some one told me that the tube style radius arms can be heated up and bent to help align your vehicle if its way out after you install the arms. HAS ANYONE ELSE EVER HEARD THIS? ALSO IF SO..... I have a pair of tuff country extended radius arms that im preping to repaint and get ready to...
  18. pyrosity

Ranger lift coil length measurements

Wondering what in the box....top to bottom measurements rough measurements are? My tuff country coils are 17" long relaxed. Anyone tell me what a pair of 4 inch, 5.5 inch and 6 inch coils measure? typically. I was told 4 in coils length is 17 inches....and 5.5-6 inch coils measure...
  19. pyrosity

97' Ranger Build On Fire!

Well i started asking questions and bringing stuff up earlier on another post but i found outthis is where i was suppose to be. basically i was talking to thin air...lol So here goes.... PATIENT: 97 RANGER XL AND CONVERTING IT INTO A BIG TUFF TRAIL BEATING MACHINE. (RUNS, PIECE OF POOH) PAYED...
  20. pyrosity

97 ranger and 95 explorer

97 ranger and 95 explorer (pics posted of project) can anyone please confirm to me that almost everything is interchangable between the two. I just got a 95 explorer and am thinking of swaping everything out into my 97XL ranger....so as much as will fit will be what im stuffing into it. also...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad