• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Jeep axles

The JK Wrangler Rubicons are D44 front and rear, If the axels are in a rubicon they will have electric lockers, depending on the year it will have either 3.73 or 4.10 gears. The 2007 thru 2010 had 4.10 with all transmissions. In 2011 they swapped to 3.73 as the standard gearing in the axel for...
  2. Member ship

I have had a membership here for a good while. I have it booked out of my paypal automatically. Well it billed $10.00 on 19 Aug and then again on 25 October. It is only $10.00 bucks but not sure I should have been billed 2 times for it.
  3. New carry gun.

My concealed carry is a S&W M&P Shield 40 Cal. Perfect size for a bigger guy set great in the hand and shoots very well.
  4. 97 OHV 4.0l

I know we have some members in the Central PA area. Any of you know a decent junk yard that may have a 97 OHV 4.0l? I am looking to pick one up to do a complete tear down and rebuild in prep to throw it in the wife's truck? When I say a complete rebuild that is exactly what I intend on doing...
  5. PA state inspection

So I took my 97 ranger to state inspection the other day. I have a JD 5.5 stage II under it with 35's. It is the wife daily driver. I got to the inspection station and they tried to explain to me my rear bumper has to be between 13 and 20" off the ground. Mine is at 30". They then proceeded to...
  6. boolit thread

what i slimiting the size of the magazine on leagle gun owners actually going to do? The criminals do not obey laws. Sean Hanady was talking tonigh tabout what would you do if some one broke in your house.His liberal gueast refused to comment. My answer is I would call the police, that way some...
  7. F250 donor truck questions

My dad has a 1986 F250 that is running a Leaf sprung TTB on it. he got i tfrom my moms cousin who has had it for a few years so we have no clue on everything other then prior to my dad getting it, it was poorly maintained and well abused.
  8. v8 swap obd2

I am wondering if it is possible on a ford to maintain full obd2 functions while doing a 5.0l swap into a ranger. I understand a 96 and up 5.0l ranger would be OBD2. I am wondering if anyone knows where the vin is read from during annual inspection. I know on my chevy the vin is burnt into the...
  9. Informal poll and opinions ar15

As I have explained to many around here if they wish fo rme to disarm myself they first need to clear all the illeagle gang banging gun owners from the street. On that note I will say since election day my collection has had 4 firearms added to it. I plan on adding a few more with in the next...
  10. Rear Window Defrost

Ok my second vehicle is a 2004 Chevrolet Impala (picked it up for 2500 a few years back) so I have an inoperative rear window defogger. Going thru and doing testing According to numbers I have it should be working but it won't. My Brother bough the car new in 2004 and said it was some time in...
  11. 97 5R55e

Ok so here is an issue that is very weird. 97 Ranger 84k miles. 5R55E trans 4.0 OHV the problem has happened a total of 3 times so far in about the last 6 months. You put the truck in gear drive forward about 100 feet come to a stop and when you go to take off the truck acts as if it is in...
  12. Rubicon Dana 44

It is in fact the JK axels I am talking about. Looking at what you get for the money they did not seem to bad to me. A buddy can score them at cost for me. putting them right around 1k each. That is complete brake rotor to Rotor. I did not look into gearing options as of yet but have toyed with...
  13. Rubicon Dana 44

Has anyone looked into using the newer Jeep Rubicon Dana 44 Axels to do an SAS with? They seem, on paper like they would be decent axels to use for a Ranger SAS swap. I am just wondering if anyone else has looked into them.
  14. Questions on timing cover 4.0l

I know most manufactures recomend pulling th eoilpan when pulling a timing cover. With BMW we had discovered it was eay to pull the cover and do a gasket spice at the block. I am wondering if it is even possible with the 4.0l. The reason for the pulling of the timing cover, a cooling leak...
  15. explorer 8.8 dust shield/backing plate

You do understand that they are mor ethen just DUST sheilds. At highway speeds they also assist in directing air flow over the rotors to assist in cooling.
  16. axle swaps for a ranger...

I am located in PA. Mechanicsburg and I currently have 35X12.5's on my Ranger and have no problem gettign thru inspection or the poilce. Susquehanna township poilice seem to be the hardest to deal with and not even they have given a second look at my tire/rim combo. Just something to think...
  17. Skyjacker Class 2 replacement

I currently have a 97 Ranger Splash 4x4 with a skyjacker Class 2 6 inch lift. It has been on the truck since 1999. I was going to swap all the aging springs out front and rear. The front seem to be sagging a bit and the I am starting to get axle wrap in the rear that I had not noticed before. I...
  18. Axle Wrap

I am getting a bit of rotation out of my rear axle. My thought is with the skyjacker class 2 havign blocks under the rear axle is allowing the axle to rotate as the springs get more worn. The truck is mainly driven on the road for my wife to get to and from work. What would be the most cost...
  19. Alignment questions

Ok I took my Ranger in and had it aligned. I have a skyjacker Class 2 with the extended radius arms and have just replaced all the balljoints and everything in the steering linkage with Moog parts. I have fully adjustable Caster camber bushings installed on the truck as well. After adding 1.5...
  20. Transfer case motor????

I heard a funny under hood sound last week come from under the hood of my 97 Ranger Splash 4X4. The motor is a 4.0 OHV. So while trying to diagnose the issue I was looking at different things. The noise is completely random and sounds like a belt slipping for about 2 or 3 seconds then goes awayu...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad