• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Gotta_gofast

Rangerless

Yep, lost the 93 smallblock years ago and now due to changing needs the 05 (supercharged) ranger is sold... But my blood is still blue so this is the replacement. While its not as sporty as an SC'd ranger, it handles relatively well considering it weighs double that of a ranger. Its a...
  2. Gotta_gofast

Cab Visor fitment: roofline differences between 3rd, 4th, and 5th gen

Here's the deal. We all know that Lund used to make a windshield visor for the 98+ rangers but since discontinued said product. Well, I'm looking for a cab visor for my 2005 because I like the looks and the winter it keeps the frost from consuming the entire windshield in the morning. When I...
  3. Gotta_gofast

5R55E... Lets discuss towing in overdrive!

First off, yes I tow and haul in overdrive... within reason of course. I picked up a scangauge and it gives plenty of reference as to what my truck is doing. Before I get all scatterbrained, here's what I have, what I do, and why I do it. I use a 2005 ranger 4x4 with the 5R55E trans (larger...
  4. Gotta_gofast

245 cfm from iron GT40 heads

On my quest for a budget 400 horse 306 ci small block, I have a couple of low cost options for heads. A decent set of aftermarket heads can run $950-$1300. A pair of custom ported stockers can run $700+ while using STOCK valves! With some garage talk with Tom and Brenda from T&B racing engine...
  5. Gotta_gofast

V8 driveshaft torque capacity (not fitment question)

So, what are all you guys (with 400+ hp) using for a driveshaft? The factory 2.3L shaft in my '93 longbed held up to a mild 302. I am however concerned with the 331ci stroker and a built hard shifting C4 transmission. Anyone have any input? I'm considering having a custom aluminum shaft...
  6. Gotta_gofast

Rogueperformance SCT X3

First off, the truck is a 2005 Ford Ranger 4x4 with 4.0L SOHC/5R55E drivetrain. I ordered the programmer from Rogueperformance.com on a thursday evening and by tuesday I recieved the product via USPS priority shipping. Before I explain the experience with the SCT X3, I want to share some...
  7. Gotta_gofast

4.0L decals

Easy enough question. I'm painting a mustang hood scoop and fitting it onto my 05 Edge. Looking for some silver "4.0L SOHC" stickers to compliment the sonic blue on the sides of the scoop. Anyone recommend a certain place to order? What about styles? Thanks guys!
  8. Gotta_gofast

Dynomax exhaust on a 2005?

I was browsing summitracing equipment and found the dynomax 17315 single exhaust system for $169.99. In the "fitment" page, it says the exhaust will work up to 2004. What has changed on the Ranger from '04 to '05? Would I still be able to take advantage of this offer? I'm hoping this will...
  9. Gotta_gofast

Wrangler Authority ATs

Any one running these? I was wandering through walmart and noticed this tire, and a 265/75/16 tire this aggressive for $160... well, you can't beat that with a stick. What do you guys think of them? The sidewalls are only 2 ply, but then again most ATs are anyway. Thanks guys! PS:please...
  10. Gotta_gofast

Recommend a shop to set up gears around WI

I've been beating every rear differential option to the point where I've made a decision. I want to purchase a AUBURN ECTED locker for the 8.8" in my ranger. 1. Anyone with this locker, give me some input on it. 2. I live in Southern Wisconsin, so if anyone can recommend a shop to install...
  11. Gotta_gofast

Question for guys with 5R55E

So, with the recent purchase of an '05 Ranger 4x4, 45K miles, with the 4.0L, I have come to notice that the trans shifts very soft from first gear to second under wide open throttle. Second to third is crisp, same as third to fourth. Any slower of a shift and I'd start to question whether its...
  12. Gotta_gofast

Header size for 347 stroker?

Before everyone nibbles my butthole for asking yet another "what header should I buy for a V8 swap?" question, I promise I've scanned through the pages of yesterday through yester-years and have some good info. I have come to my senses and am looking into either a 347 stroker or a 351 to...
  13. Gotta_gofast

Lock-Right Skipping and clicking in a straight line?

So, lately as I'm driving my ranger on the highway I am starting to notice that the lock-right I have installed is making a lot of noise in a straight line where it shouldn't have any wheel speed differences (tires have identical wear and at 35psi). It also seems that the speedometer needle...
  14. Gotta_gofast

Lookin at a Banshee

Well, I'm lookin at a new toy. Anyone own/owned a Banshee before? I've ridden two stroke dirt bikes but not a Quad. I assume the powerband is like a... well light switch, which is awesome in a toy. What do you guys think? Any input as to what aftermarket mods work well with these machines...
  15. Gotta_gofast

Automatic 4x4 light Identification

Okay, this is probably one of the simplest questions I have ever asked, yet it has me completely stumped. I need to know what bulb lays behind the pushbutton 4x4/Low Range located left of the center HVAC vent in my dash. I've searched everywhere and have found every bulb that ford ever used...
  16. Gotta_gofast

Trac-lok Rebuild Question

Hey guys, I have a lead on a 28 spline 8.8" rear axle from a '98 Ranger. I plan on swapping it with the 7.5" currently under the truck. Both axles have a 3.73:1 ratio so I'll be set their too. I want the axle for its strength and for its trac-lok, (my 7.5" is open) but with 100,000 miles on...
  17. Gotta_gofast

1.7:1 roller rockers & 5.0L hydraulic roller lifters

First off, this is concerning my 1993 Ranger 3.0L (original engine). I've heard from conflicting sources that my truck is equipped with the roller cam and also that it is still a flat tappet. If the truck has a hydraulic roller cam/lifters then I would like to pursue the following set up...
  18. Gotta_gofast

Ranger vs. Chevy 1500

Well, today has been one of those shitty days. I was on my way into town, traveling on the highway when the vehicle in front of me stopped suddenly for a dog in the road. Instantly, I slammed on my brakes to avoid the SUV/trailer in front of me. I slowed from 60mph to 20-25mph. As I let off...
  19. Gotta_gofast

Bad News at Monster Nationals

Well, for my birthday my girlfriend decided to take me to see the Monster Nationals show in Madison, Wisconsin today. This was her first time seeing the Monster Trucks so she was really gettin into it (especially since one of the drivers was a woman). Well, in the second half of the show...
  20. Gotta_gofast

Powder Coating Questions

Well, I purchased a powdercoating gun from Eastwood Company. In the upcoming weeks, I will be mediablasting some metal parts and I want to try out this guy. It says any non food prep oven will work, that I need something that maintains at least 400*F. Well, I have an old gas BBQ grill that I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad