• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Fan shroud ideas?

Hello and Happy New Year all! Having trouble finding a couple parts (for some time) for my 1984 4x4 Ranger with 2.8. Was wondering if anybody knows if there are parts for similar vehicles that are more available, even if some modifications are needed for mounting, etc. 1. Fan shroud (working...
  2. Tips on c5 valve body removal?

Never did this b4, but removing pan on c5 to replace filter and gasket and do whatever diagnosing I can on this "drove fine but now not working transmission" in my truck. Want to do the air tests described in write up...but need to remove VB of course to perform. Any springs or parts, etc., that...
  3. Initial Timing question

Running points distributor and non feedback carb in my 2.8 ranger 4x4. My vacuum canister is shot, so currently no vac advance. Very hard to find new or working one...so looking for best way to set it up until I can a working canister installed. Can't test drive until c5 transmission problem...
  4. FYI Rebuilt duraspark distributor on ebay 2.8

Hey guys! This popped in my email today as I have set up on alert. $275 (this is not my listing). The super rare cardone 30-2691 dizzy. Just wanted to share as I had a hell of a time on conversion and ended up going with points style. Ebay item number 176003630734...
  5. Auto trans issue after carb/ignition swap

OK...just deleted all the smog stuff, ecu, smog pump and egr (PO pretty much cut and plugged much of that already, but was still hanging out in engine bay), etc, etc...installed points distributor from '74 mustang II, and new non-feedback carb. Starts great, idles fine (still a bit rich), timed...
  6. One for the ignition gurus...

Hey folks, I'm replacing stock set up in my 1984 2.8 with points distributor from 1974 mustang II along with non feedback 2150 style carb. I had just put fresh factory recommended motorcraft spark plugs for original tfi ignition. Gap is .044. Looking at 74 mustang II specs for dwell, timing...
  7. Need guidance on removing wires, etc. for duraspark convert? Pictures.

The write ups (which I've read many times) makes it seem so simple. Just rip out 95% of the wires and flip over the fender. Doesn't seem so simple though, when I go to do it. Lot's going on in there, and I don't want to remove something that will cause issues later...trying to go more scalpel...
  8. Tips for dropping points dizzy into my 84 ranger?

Getting ready to strip the now worthless tfi dizzy, feedback carb, and all the BS from engine bay...and install new to me points dizzy from 74 mustang II along with non feedback carb. Couldn't obtain a solid duraspark dizzy, but now have one to use as core if I can find a rebuilder. But in...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad