• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Dana 35 rev A vs. rev C, what to do?

Got things put back together. No surprises, yet. Noise is better, but still not gone. Now it's most noticeably coming from the rear pumpkin. Looks like I have an 8.8 rebuild in my future. So far bad bearings have included: front left hub assembly front right hub assembly the u-joint on the...
  2. Dana 35 rev A vs. rev C, what to do?

Don't know. Was a 5.0. (wikipedia is saying it must have been AWD) Was an interchangeable part per their website. Looks to be same data as car-parts.com. After looking at them a bit more did notice two differences. The middle shaft (whatever the correct name would be?) that is only located...
  3. Dana 35 rev A vs. rev C, what to do?

Have been battling a front end noise for too long. Picked up a front carrier from the junkyard. I think it came out of a 2000 Mercury Mountaineer (Explorer look alike) with 150k miles. (edit: not sure of source vehicle) Could be an already rebuilt front end. Pulled the carrier from my 2011...
  4. front t-case issue

Well, pulling the front driveshaft got rid of all extra noise and vibrations. The u-joint was no too good in it. Think I will end up just putting a new u-joint in the original shaft and re-install. Scared of making big changes just before winter and the upgraded driveshaft is a bit worrisome...
  5. New from MN

Minnesota. Home of the rust belt. I have Fluid Filmed the doors and some other areas. Worked on some rust this summer. Going to have to look up the core support. Still got the plastic thermostat housing and will be keeping an eye on it. The timing chain tensioner mainenance I will be...
  6. front t-case issue

I was planning on doing this driveshaft conversion, and think I have all the parts for it now: https://www.therangerstation.com/tech/building-a-front-driveshaft-for-a-1998-ford-ranger/
  7. front t-case issue

Upon re-inspection, does NOT look to be leaking there. The very bottom of the t-case is a bit wet, but not up to the front output shaft. T-case fluid was recently changed. Plenty drained out. Whatever leak there is is very small.
  8. New from MN

Better to me is to return it to stock and maybe upgrade a few things along the way. I've done the mud truck thing in the past and that is not what I want now. The Ranger is a tar baby that I do use on some logging roads during fall deer season. This past summer the truck reached 10 years old...
  9. front t-case issue

The rear of my front driveshaft has play, not u-joints, in the t-case. The front of the transfer case at the output shaft is leaking fluid a small bit. There is a vibration from that area while driving. What would the problem be called and what does the fix entail? My guess is a bad bearing...
  10. New from MN

Hello all. I am the owner of 2011 Ranger XLT that I am trying to keep in great shape. Previously I owned a 2000 Ranger that I abused to near death. Got a few questions at this time about making the 2011 Ranger better, and hope to be able to help others out in the future when I can.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad