• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New from MN

Drich

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Hello all. I am the owner of 2011 Ranger XLT that I am trying to keep in great shape. Previously I owned a 2000 Ranger that I abused to near death. Got a few questions at this time about making the 2011 Ranger better, and hope to be able to help others out in the future when I can.

PXL_20211010_141615684.jpg

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
I would have to ask you to define better. I think you have a pretty good start... if you take care of them... they're pretty robust. Do you have a plan for what you want to do or just keep it stock?

Welcome to TRS...

Drich

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Better to me is to return it to stock and maybe upgrade a few things along the way. I've done the mud truck thing in the past and that is not what I want now. The Ranger is a tar baby that I do use on some logging roads during fall deer season. This past summer the truck reached 10 years old (50k miles) and I put a bunch of maintenance into it like shocks, fuel filter, brakes, fluids, paint the rear bumper, more.

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
That should be a good truck for what you want to do... just as it sits. You already know they aren't fuel misers... the closer to stock you leave it the better for economy.

Not sure where in the USA but rust belt vehicles are prone to some rust issues in certain areas. The core support... door bottoms and the underside of the bed.

Another thing worth mentioning... well two things... timing chain tensioner maintenance at 75K and plastic thermostat housings like to leak.

Drich

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
That should be a good truck for what you want to do... just as it sits. You already know they aren't fuel misers... the closer to stock you leave it the better for economy.

Not sure where in the USA but rust belt vehicles are prone to some rust issues in certain areas. The core support... door bottoms and the underside of the bed.

Another thing worth mentioning... well two things... timing chain tensioner maintenance at 75K and plastic thermostat housings like to leak.
Minnesota. Home of the rust belt. I have Fluid Filmed the doors and some other areas. Worked on some rust this summer. Going to have to look up the core support.

Still got the plastic thermostat housing and will be keeping an eye on it. The timing chain tensioner mainenance I will be checking into. Thanks.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals