• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 96 Ranger P1443 Error Code Help

I'm getting a Check Engine Light with a P1443. I'vre replaced the vacuum lines from the manifold to the carbon canister, and I also replaced the purge flow sensor. I reset the CEL, and away I went. 30 miles later, the CEL came on again. What else could it be? Could it be the solenoid? Doesn't...
  2. Swapping ignition cylinders - Advice?

I own a 2003 Ranger 4.0 4X4. I am wanting to swap a tilt steering column for my not-tilt column. I think everything is pretty straightforward, except I'm a little unsure of the ignition cylinder. I want to keep the same key to my truck after switching columns. Can I just switch-out ignition...
  3. Help with swapping out steering columns?

I have an '03 Ranger Edge 4x4 that has a non-tilt steering wheel. I am 6'4, and need a little extra room in the cab. I am wanting to swap out my non-tilt steering column for a steering column with tilt. Before I begin looking for a column, I have a few questions I am hoping you guys can help me...
  4. Floor Mats For '03 Ranger Edge?

I have an '03 Ranger Edge 4x4. The Edge package has rubber floors as opposed to carpet, which is nice. However, my rubber floor mats slide all over the place and it's getting a little old shifting them back with my feet all of the time. Does anyone have a good suggestion for floor mats that work...
  5. How do I add tilt steering to my '03 Ranger?

Hello all. I need a little more room behind my steering wheel. I have considered replacing the seats, but after looking over my interior...I think adding tilt steering is the best solution. I just need a couple more inches under the steering wheel. My question is this: What is the easiest way...
  6. Help lowering driver's seat in 2003 Ranger?

I have a 2003 Ford Ranger Edge 4x4 Ext. Cab Pickup. I am 6'4" tall, and feel like I am sitting about 1" - 2" too high in my truck. My seats are not power anything. Basically, the seat goes forward or backward, and reclines. I want to lower my seat about 2". What is the best course of action for...
  7. Best brand and style for 2003 Ranger 4X4?

Hoping to get some opinions on what brand and style of tire I should buy for my 2003 Ford Ranger Edge 4X4? I don't really do any off-roading. Mostly drive the truck back and forth to work, and put my fishing boat in and out of the water. I live in Missouri, so I do have to drive around in the...
  8. 2003 Ranger Edge 4X4 Tire Size?

hello. i just sold my '96 ranger, and bought a nice 2003 ranger edge 4x4. i want to put bigger tires on it. what is the largest tire i can put on it without tweaking anything, and have no problems? thanks for any help you can give. ac.
  9. Koyo and Nachi Tranny Bearings

Well, I need to replace the bearings in my truck. I bought a kit and received it today. The bearings are all made by Nachi and Koyo (made in Japan). My tranny mechanic doesn't want to put anything in that's not American made. Does anyone out there have any experience with these bearings? Will...
  10. Help Finding the Source of Squeeling/Squeeking in Engine

I have been listening to a squeeling/chirping noise in the front of my engine for a few months now. I can't take it anymore. If I have to listen to this thing squeel much longer, I am going to lose my mind. I looked under the hood to try and find the source of the problem (on several...
  11. Help Finding a Tranny Bearing Kit for my 1996 Ford Ranger

I own a 1996 Ford Ranger 3.0 V6 with a standard transmission (154,000 miles). I recently had a local shop install a new clutch for me. While they were in there, they found that a needle bearing had torn-up the end of the mainshaft in my transmission. So, they replaced the mainshaft and all was...
  12. Soft Clutch after Clutch and Transmission Repair

I own a 96 Ford Ranger 3.0 V6 4x4. I recently started having clutch problems. I was getting a soft clutch, and then it wouldn't shift into gear. Checked the brake fluid and it was low. Filled that up, but no luck. Took her to the shop, and bad quickly turned to worse. Mechanic got everything...
  13. Help with Towing a Bass Boat with my Ranger?

I own a 1996 Ford Ranger 4x4 with a 3.0 V6 Engine. I own and want to tow a 21' Charger Fiberglass Bass Boat. I believe the boat weighs 2000 lbs. or better. My truck does not have a towing package. I simply hook the boat up to the ball on the bumper. Pulling the boat down the road seems to be...
  14. 96 Ranger Stalls and Misses when Accelerating and Low RPM's

Hello all. I have a 1996 Ford Ranger STX 4x4 with the 3.0 V6 - Standard Transmission. Engine has been missing and stalling when accelerating and at low RPM's. Check engine light came on a few weeks ago, and had to replace ABS Sensor and a pressure sensor in the fuel line (can't remember the...
  15. 1996 Ranger 3.0L V6 Coolant Temperature Gauge Problems. HELP?

Hello all. Great site you have here. I'm having some problems with my 1996 Ranger. I was sitting at idle the other day, and my "check engine" light came on out of nowhere. I stopped by a local mechanic to have him check the codes, and I got something like "engine coolant temerature too low" - or...
  16. Considering Buying a '95 Ranger 4X4 - Need Advice!

Hello everyone. After reading through some posts, it looks like I'm in the right place. I am considering buying a 1995 Ford Ranger XLT, but I am having some reservations because of a few problems it has. I was wondering if someone out there could look over the problems, and give me some sound...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad