• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. SOCALRANGER

Trans only goes into 3rd and 4th HELP!!!

Agree with you 100% I know Forsure it was something that I did. That ball has slipped up the shaft a few times was easy enough out a washer behind it didn’t do it for a long time. Until it slipped down onto the trans. First mistake was messing with the linkage forsure. At the same time I’m glad...
  2. SOCALRANGER

How do you get the veteran badge and other badges?
  3. SOCALRANGER

Yeah after uncle gump suggested some machinist blue that’s kinda where my mind was going also that it’s probably has to do with not fully welding the bottom and not being round. Was a temporary fix just to get it home gonna play with it some more and see what i come up with
  4. SOCALRANGER

That’s a pretty good idea I was thinking maybe it has something to do with my Mickey Mouse repair. Maybe needs to be ground down some more or something. I will say that there is virtually no slop in the shifter now so that’s cool. Just sucks no push it back for my reverse haha
  5. SOCALRANGER

So I was able to get into neutral and now have all 5 gears except for reverse shifter won’t let me get it all the way over. Could it have anything to do with the way I repaired the shifter? It’s definitely much tighter now not really any slop. Found a nut that was close in size out it on the...
  6. SOCALRANGER

My apologies not disrespect intended
  7. SOCALRANGER

I am able to get into neutral by moving the forks from the covers on the drivers side. Once I have it in neutral and put the shifter lever back in I still don’t have side to side movement. Is there a specific way to line things back up or??? I’m pretty sure that I misaligned something but I can...
  8. SOCALRANGER

Bueller...... bueller..... bueller....
  9. SOCALRANGER

yeah that’s definitely the speedo gear down there and is where it’s supposed to be. That’s what I’m thinking is that I moved something out of line. Just trying to see if anyone had any suggestions to get it back to zero so to speak
  10. SOCALRANGER

I got a 1986 2.9l 5speed manual trans 2wd. The little ball on the bottom of the shifter lever fell off down into the trans. I could see it but could get it with the pliers so I moved the socket that the ball sits on down towards the seat. Fixed the bottom of the shifter so the little ball won’t...
  11. SOCALRANGER

2.9l random power loss

Hi all new to the forum and to rangers just picked up a 1986 2.9l 5 speed manual trans. Truck was running great until I washed down the engine compartment. Now randomly it starts to stutter and loses power sounds like it’s not getting fuel doesn’t happen a lot maybe twice on a 11 mile trip to...
  12. SOCALRANGER

New to the group

Hey all new to the group just picked up a 1986 Ranger XL 2.9l with a 5 speed Manual trans heading right to the 2.9l forum with some questions

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad