• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Am88rangerxlt

Rear drum break upgrade to disc brake

So would I have to use the driver's side flipped over on the passenger side and vise versa
  2. Am88rangerxlt

Rear drum break upgrade to disc brake

Hello everyone so I just purchased a rear disc break conversion kit for my 1988 ranger XLT 2.9 liter. The kit is from SSBC KIT # A114 and the instructions they give are not very helpful the diagram they sent is not the best quality so it's difficult to make out the details of the parts is there...
  3. Am88rangerxlt

88 ranger Delete the second inline fuel pump

Sure I would appreciate that
  4. Am88rangerxlt

88 ranger Delete the second inline fuel pump

I'm having an issue with fuel lines leaking and also I'm not sure what it's called looks like it could be the housing for a paper fuel filter. I opened it up and it was empty after putting it back together I started having a problem with fuel leaking I've looked for a replacement one but can't...
  5. Am88rangerxlt

I think I finally got it!!😁😁😁

So after all the different things that I had thought to be the problem with my 88 ford ranger xlt and replacing so many different parts what I come to find out is that it was the wire harness that was the cause of all my headaches after noticing that when I moved the harness the truck would...
  6. Am88rangerxlt

2.9l 88 Ranger won't idle on restart.

Does your truck have cruise control ??
  7. Am88rangerxlt

88 ranger xlt 2.9 wont stay running

So today I took the truck on the freeway everything was going fine and then it lost power the truck was still running just nothing when I pushed the gas pedal pulled off the road fast forward a bit after getting a tow from a friend now at home my buddy starts to look around the engine bay and...
  8. Am88rangerxlt

2.9l 88 Ranger won't idle on restart.

Well I had the same problem and started going down the list of possible reasons why first thing I did was a complete tune up seemed to have worked but shortly afterwards the same thing happened from everything I've read about this could be ignition control module or map sensor I'm still...
  9. Am88rangerxlt

No I get the code 11 which if I'm correct is system is good unless I am wrong
  10. Am88rangerxlt

So I've already replaced the spark plugs, cables,map sensor ,ignition control module fuel pump both of the and in line filters and I still can't keep the truck running for more then a few minutes at a time any ideas on what may be happening
  11. Am88rangerxlt

Going crazy with this truck

Going crazy with this truck
  12. Am88rangerxlt

My name is Alex

For right now I am using it as my daily driver once I get it running right LoL
  13. Am88rangerxlt

Possible overheating issue

Hey so I was having this problem with my 88 Ford ranger and it might not be overheating So since I bought the truck it's been really good already changed all belts new plugs and wires ignition coil and everything seemed to be fine then I noticed that I could only drive for a certain distance...
  14. Am88rangerxlt

My name is Alex

So just recently bought a 88 Ford ranger XLT 5 speed 2.9 v6

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad