• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. HEC - V8 Swap in 05 Sport Trac

Does a 05 Sport Trac use the HEC type clusters as their clusters? Ive got an 05 Sport Trac sitting here in my yard that was given to me for almost nothing (engine is bad). I also have a 2000 Explorer with a good 5.0/ 4r70W that is a low milage total wreck (the power train is in excellent shape)...
  2. stock explorer wiring harness for the trans swap?

Ive got a question to see if anyone knows. Ive got a 2000 explorer harness, ECU, upper/lower intake, and GTP heads. Can I mate this to a 95 roller 5.0 short block and make it work? Also, I really don't know which trans came with the explorer stock but I've got a few different cores in my shop...
  3. step side bed

will a step side bed from a 94 ranger fit onto a 2003 truck?
  4. Suggestion for a new build.

I realize that if you ask 3 different people the same question, you’ll get 3 different answers. I’ve got a good running, low miles carbureted 302 with a C-6 that was given to me. It’s all stock. I don’t really know which vehicle to put this into but I don’t want to let it sit too long. I realize...
  5. 5.0 L Swsp with an AOD

I kind a like the idea of using what you already have, therefore I’ve got a question for everyone. I’ve got a good 5 L disconnected to an AOD. Can I use this in a Ranger without having to modify the transmission tunnel? I’m sure this questions probably come up before but I just couldn’t seem to...
  6. Older 5.0 and AOD

I’m considering trying to do an engine swap into a really nice Sport Trac body that I’ve got here. If I do this, I’ve read a good bit about swapping electronics from the dinner and marrying it to the Sport Trac. My questions are as follows. I’d like to keep it a simple as I can with as little...
  7. 2003 front clip

Is the front clip removable on a 2003 Ranger? I’m wanting to do a diesel conversion to it and it would be great if I could remove the clip for access purposes so I can build and hook up everything.
  8. 2002. 3.0 Ranger v Taurus

What about a 2002 Ford Ranger v. 2002 Ford Taurus? Are the long blocks the same? Would there be a lot of modifications other than just swapping some parts from one to the Taurus to get that to work in a Ford Ranger?
  9. 2000 to 2003 3.0v6

I have found a 2003 ranger 3.0 with a perfect body and interior. However the engine is shot. I have access to a 2000 3.0 V6. With this require a lot of modifications to get it to work or would it just be simply moving a few brackets and intakes and stuff like that over from one to the other?
  10. Computer

Got a general question hear about Pats I’m wondering if anybody can help me find the correct solution . I’ve got a 2000 Mazda B3000 and a 2000 Ford Ranger. They both have the automatic transmission with a V6. They are both two-wheel-drive. On paper I think they’re both 100% identical. The Mazda...
  11. Ford 5.0 Engine Question

I was wondering, can you take a 1999 5.0 that has the cam sensor (or what ever the thing is that there in place of the distributor) and remove it and put a regular distributor in its place (please don't tell me all of the benefits of keeping the system the way it is with all of its complex...
  12. 4.0 Engine Tjming Sets

Hey Everyone, I’ve read horror stories about people using non-oe ford cam phasers and timing parts on 4.6’s and 5.4’s. I’m going to replace the front and rear timing set on my 2002 4.0 engine that I pick up. I can’t seem to find any Motorcraft or Ford parts. All I can find are off brands. Has...
  13. 4.0 vs 4.6 in a Sport Trac

I've found several different Explorers in u-pull it yards. Should I assume that if I were to take the parts from the v8 mods that it would be about a "nut n bolt' type swap? Does a Sport Trac and an Explorer share the same engine bays and mounts? If they do, a 4.6 should fit right? Brian
  14. differences in the engines

I've looked into replacing my 2005 Sport Trac's blown engine with several different ideas. Today, I bought a 2002 4.0 from a wrecked Sport Trac. According to Rockauto the long blocks are the same from 2000 to 2007. However, car-part lists the engines as separate engines. Im guessing that the...
  15. Differences in 4.0 engines

I've looked into replacing my 2005 Sport Trac's blown engine with several different ideas. Today, I bought a 2002 4.0 from a wrecked Sport Trac. According to Rockauto the long blocks are the same from 2000 to 2007. However, car-part lists the engines as separate engines. Im guessing that the...
  16. C6

Ive read a few posts about using c-4's and AOD's. Has anyone ever used a small block C-6 in a ranger swap? Is it too big? Ive got a good low milage c6 behind a 351w that's doing nothing but taking u space and was wondering if it could be used. Brian
  17. Different Versions of the 4.0

Hello Everyone, Ok, I’ve thought about what everyone has been saying about the 4.0 v. The 3.0. I looked at car-part.com and there seems to be several different versions of the 4.0. For example, it seems that the 4.0 Ranger is listed as being different than the 4.0 for a Sport Trac. Or, a 4.0...
  18. IDS Systems

I've found the software on the net for an IDS system. If I buy it will I have to purchase a subscription to ford? Has anyone bought one of these? its about 300 to 400 dollars. Is to worth it?
  19. Can a PATS system be totally deleted?

Can a pats system be totally deleted? If not, if I use the cluster, colum, and ecu from the donor vehicle will that work?
  20. 4X4 INFO NEEDED

HELLO EVERYONE! IM VERY NEW TO THE 4X4 WORLD AND DONT KNOW A LOT. IVE GOT A (STUPID) QUESTION. IM BUILDING A 05 SPORT TRAC (GREAT BODY AND INTERIOR- BAD ENGINE) AND IM PUTTING A SMALL 4 CYL DIESEL POWERTRAIN INTO IT. I WANT A 4X4 AND THERE ARE SEVERAL CHOICES THAT I COULD CHOOSE. IM GOING TO...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad