• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2.3L ('02-'11) Temp gauge drops going uphill

I go over a mountain to get material for work and after reaching the top of the mountain my temp gauge drops. It use to come back to normal. Now today after flushing the radiator it's deadish. Kinda on cold and sometimes at the 1/4 mark. My ect was reading 250 consistently but the temp gauge...
  2. 2.3L ('02-'11) Green coolant in 03 ranger

when i got this truck it had coolant leaks. there was no coolant in the reservoir. i topped it off with green coolant thinking that was the standard type and Ive always heard about it. now i looked in the manual and see the truck calls for motorcraft gold coolant. googling did not help with my...
  3. 2.3L ('02-'11) P0171 fuel trims

I have occasionally been getting p0171 pending codes and now it finally made my engine light come on. Here are my fuel trims when the code was stored. Typically my fuel trims are 0 to 5 whenever I test them at idle and 2000 rpm. This spike that sets the check engine light is intermittent. Is it...
  4. 2.3L ('02-'11) Replace head gasket or new engine

Truck slowly losing coolant but otherwise runs perfect. I did a combustion leak test and these are the results. The color changed from blue to green. The pure blue in this pic is from my f150 as comparison to the green from my ranger. So I'm assuming the ranger has a small head gasket leak. The...
  5. 2.3L ('02-'11) Gauges malfunctioning Zaza

Most of the time my gauges work fine. Why would my gauges do this sometimes? If I cycle the key on off several times the gauges will start working again
  6. 2.3L ('02-'11) coolant temp 245

My temp gauge is always right below the half mark. I connected my scan tool for unrelated reasons and noticed my coolant temp was actually high. Its averaging 245 to 250. I had no idea it was running hot. What the heck
  7. 2.3L ('02-'11) How long does it take for codes to show up again after clearing it

Been chasing down codes on my ranger. P20004 and p0171. I tried somethings to fix it and cleared the codes with my scanner. How much driving does it take for the codes to come back on if the problem is still there ?
  8. 2.3L ('02-'11) Code p2004 how to test imrc solenoid and actuator

Check engine light came on showing p2004. After tons of reading about this code I connected a vacuum gauge to the hose leading to the irmc solenoid from the intake and got a pressure of 20. There is no vacuum going to the actuator at any rpm therefore the solenoid isnt opening. I took the...
  9. 2.3L ('02-'11) New to me ranger with 14 fault codes

I bought a 03 ford ranger that runs, but barely. Press on the gas and the engine bogs down. It does drive better once warmed up. They said their son sunk it in water. It has the following codes: p2004, p2008, p0446, p0743, p0750, p0755, p0760, p0765, p1747, p0597, p0135, p0141, p2195, p0403. The...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad