• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Bye Bye to my 94.

Thanks all thought I would show the scary pic. Truck was perfect, but nothing lasts forever. Here is the real scary story. It started by a filling station. Managed to safely get it to the pawn shop while fire was just a flicker. The condition was so nice before the fire insurance gave me more...
  2. Bye Bye to my 94.

Seems like my once new 94 decided it was done. Literally bought new right off the transport. First person to drive it on a real street and last person to drive it on a real street. Ya see either the interior blower motor shorted or the speed resistor shorted. Caught the leaves on fire that...
  3. 2.3L ('83-'97) Dropped Head Alignment Pin in Oil Return. Help?

Well all I am back. I promised to report back after driving. First the alignment pin was never found. Either the hole goes ex nowhere or is part of the evap system venting back to the pvc system. The rough no idle was more than just the timing. The situation was resolved after putting a smoke...
  4. 2.3L ('83-'97) Coil Packs

Hi, Thank You for the offer. I did need the coils and ordered from Amazon. Put them on Monday AM. Truck runs perfect. Best vehicle I have ever owned. It's actually a one owner. I have another project that I may do this spring. That will be wheel bearings at same time as I do rear fluid change...
  5. 2.3L ('83-'97) Coil Packs

Well it's confirmed. Had a little time between outer rain bands of hurricane. Anyway decided to try the suspect exhaust coil on intake side. Ran great, so original coil on intake side is bad. That however is the side with the moving connector which has cracked the upperpart of the coil housing...
  6. 2.3L ('83-'97) Coil Packs

I edited my last post, but I agree I go oem when possible all the way to the pdf valve. Just never had to replace a coil before so was just wondering. Thanks.
  7. 2.3L ('83-'97) Coil Packs

Thanks, so are you saying yes swap out the coils? If so what is your take on aftermarket coils or should I just stick with OEM for about twice the price? Also yes this is a California model. I don't know why but when you buy a Ford in Florida it normally has a California setup. Warm weather I...
  8. 2.3L ('83-'97) Coil Packs

Here are the codes. It appears they are related to coil packs being unplugged. Certain diagnostics disabled, one was low volt to mass air but there is a capicator in line with the coil pack wording. One code said was running in fail mode. So here are the codes. KOEO 157 218 222 KOER 998 218...
  9. 2.3L ('83-'97) Coil Packs

Okay here are most results. First the vehicle will start with either coil disconnected. For the test with the exhaust unplugged it runs just perfect. That was actually the coil in question since it had the wobbly plug. When I ran with just the intake in place it is rough overall. Did not sound...
  10. 2.3L ('83-'97) Coil Packs

Thanks, will try during the day tomorrow if not raining all day. Thanks.
  11. 2.3L ('83-'97) Coil Packs

Hi, My 2.3 1994 Ranger got a new reman head. Everything is perfect with that. I however have mid range speed in the city small stumbles. No power loss and no other symptoms. This not being OBDII I have a question. One of my coil packs looks perfect the other as well. Ohms test are fine. My...
  12. 2.3L ('83-'97) Dropped Head Alignment Pin in Oil Return. Help?

Well everything is fine. Few hundred miles Highway and City. Sounds nice runs nice, no smoke, no water drips. Time to get the ac evacuation and recharge. Thanks for all the input.
  13. 2.3L ('83-'97) Dropped Head Alignment Pin in Oil Return. Help?

They are actually good running vehicles. I have owned this one since new. Until this recent issue the truck has not left me stranded ever in 27 years. If the part does end up in the pan, based on the pan shape the thing should roll to the bottom half and near if not out of the hole with a...
  14. 2.3L ('83-'97) Dropped Head Alignment Pin in Oil Return. Help?

Thanks for your backing. The truth is this should never have happened. I checked the other drains and the pin can not go in. The hole has not been confirmed as to it's actual purpose. Possible just a vent for evap. Either way like anything else as stated in other post you have to access the...
  15. 2.3L ('83-'97) Dropped Head Alignment Pin in Oil Return. Help?

Hi thanks, We have pretty much concluded that is the problem you described for more than one reason. First cleared the codes after shutting down, codes did not return other than lean. Also a friend managed to get in contact with a Ford Veteran Mechanic. He basically said same that it must be off...
  16. 2.3L ('83-'97) Dropped Head Alignment Pin in Oil Return. Help?

Let me explain. If this was in the cylinder then yes the part would have to be retrived. The part however dropped in a hole which seems only as a secondary oil drain when the vehicle is on a steep ground grade such as climbing a steep hill. Am I happy the part remains, no! Still after getting a...
  17. 2.3L ('83-'97) Dropped Head Alignment Pin in Oil Return. Help?

Thanks, Been running a bit. But have not to do next week. So far so good.
  18. 2.3L ('83-'97) Dropped Head Alignment Pin in Oil Return. Help?

Hi, if the motor was not in truck that could be possible maybe. But this is a simple head job only. Would have to flip the truck and shake it. This vehicle has 4 drains so I should be okay. The odd thing is other 3 holes were smaller. The pin could never fall in. Now thinking this is simply a...
  19. 2.3L ('83-'97) Dropped Head Alignment Pin in Oil Return. Help?

Thanks, that is what I decided to do, I know the pin can't be sucked back up. Fired up the motor yesterday. Have run into a second issue. The engine runs but with a new issue. Timing belt is all aligned properly but I am throwing a Key On Engine Off code 211 and will not idle. Also getting...
  20. 2.3L ('83-'97) Dropped Head Alignment Pin in Oil Return. Help?

Ya, no that is an issue. The hole has a small ledge and once the pin went in it slid off of the ledge and vanished. The borescope can't even make the turn. I did get confirmation from the machine shop that due to all of the curves I in the casting it will most likely get lodged in a corner and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad