• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. anupaum

Front Suspension Woes

Hello everyone! I've not been around for awhile because my supercharged Ranger is no more and I've been driving a 2004 Explorer Sport Trac with the 4 liter V6. I really like the truck, but I've been experiencing chronic problems with the front end and I'm wondering if there is a fix . . . I've...
  2. anupaum

Running Lean with Headers?

I had a blower on my 4 cylinder Ranger for more than 10 years before buying the 4 liter Sport Trac that I own right now. About 18 months ago, I put on a set of Doug Thorley headers, thinking that they'd help somewhat with the engine's rather tepid performance. Now I've got a burnt valve in my...
  3. anupaum

Spark Plugs

I thought, "Only 6 plugs? This should be easy!" Ha! It isn't . . . I have a 2004 Sport Trac with the 4 liter V6. I thought changing 8 plugs in my 2.3 liter Ranger was bad, but this is ridiculous! I can't even get my hands in there to pull the wire boots, and there is NO WAY I can reach the #3...
  4. anupaum

Header Install Issue

Back in December I bought a set of Doug Thorley headers for my 2004 Sport Trac. I took them to a custom exhaust shop for installation today, and there's a problem . . . The stock exhaust manifold has provision for EGR on the driver's side, but the headers do not. Has anyone run into this...
  5. anupaum

Doug Thorley Headers for 4 liter Ford on Sale

Long ago I had a set of Doug Thorley tri-y headers on my (gasp!) Chevelle. The quality and durability impressed me, but more than that, my car had a unique sound AND burned less gas per mile after the installation. So . . . I was looking to do something about the pathetic fuel economy of my...
  6. anupaum

Horrible Fuel Economy

We've had a 2004 Explorer Sport Trac for about a month now. It's a comfortable ride, but I've never owned a vehicle that has had such lousy fuel economy. I took my son 4 wheeling today. We climbed two mountains (and coasted down both of them), driving a total of 100 kilometers before we fueled...
  7. anupaum

Clunking / Rubbing Noise When Turning Left

Hello everyone! I've never owned a 4x4 until today. We bought a 2004 Sport Trac, and while it seems like a nice vehicle, it makes a clunking / rubbing sound when turning left after coming to a complete stop. Any ideas what this might be?
  8. anupaum

Supertruck Replacement Vehicle

My sweetheart went up to Kelowna last Friday and bought a 2004 Sport Trac to replace our beloved Supertruck. This machine has 4WD, which should be a bit of a help around here when it snows . . . Interestingly, she says that it doesn't have the power of my Ranger. My eldest son complains that...
  9. anupaum

Supercharger Kit

Hello everyone! This afternoon, my sweetheart was involved in a crash that caved in the hood and front end of my supertruck. The truck is toast. It'll be too expensive to fix and I'm going to have to find something else to drive. :sad: However, the engine is still strong and the supercharger...
  10. anupaum

Heater Core

It's been on its last legs for awhile, but I've been reluctant to do anything about it. Why, you ask? Because the supercharger is in the way . . . It's in the way of EVERYTHING. The heater core itself loosens easily enough, but the hoses that connect it to the engine block are right behind...
  11. anupaum

Selling the Supertruck

It's sad, but I have to let my Supertruck project go . . . My eldest son is now old enough to drive, and the only vehicle we have available for him to learn is my Ranger. I've been out with him several times in the machine, but it's simply too much truck for a 16 year old to handle. We're...
  12. anupaum

No Real News to Report

Last week, while I was driving back from Langley, my air cleaner came loose and slid up against the serpentine belt just below the blower pulley. It didn't fail completely, but I had to replace another belt . . . (I think I should invest in Lordco stock!) Rather than just replacing the belt...
  13. anupaum

What IS That Awful Noise?

Most of the young bucks around here like to install fart cans on their four bangers and race around the neighborhood like they're something special. I laugh at them, but yesterday I got passed on the road by a guy driving what I THINK is a Subaru. I'm too old for street racing, so I let him...
  14. anupaum

Emissions Testing

Although I've been running a blower on my truck for several years now, I'm ALWAYS concerned when I have to go through the semi-annual emissions test. When I first installed the supercharger, I had a lot of trouble because of bogging and stalling off idle. This was caused by the interplay of...
  15. anupaum

Replacing the Serpentine Belt Tensioner

Has anyone done this? Does anyone know how it's done? After REMOVING my heater fan and re-installing my supercharger, I had my saintly father-in-law evaluate the pulley alignment. He thinks my tensioner needs replacing. I've never done this before, so I was hoping someone here could give me...
  16. anupaum

Really Discouraged . . .

After installing the new squirrel cage for my heater fan, I installed the new unit today. It was a bit of a pain to put in, but I got the thing mounted. However, it won't run. I hooked it up to power, just as I'd tested it, but it won't run and I don't know why. Worse, when I set the blower...
  17. anupaum

Another Setback

This may be the death knell . . . I got in the truck to take my boys to school this morning, but the belt slipped off when I fired it up. After putting it back on, the belt simply shredded and I'm now dead in the water again. My sweetheart is going to be VERY unhappy!
  18. anupaum

No More Leaks!

At least, I HOPE so! I've had to modify my intercooler tubing quite a bit. Last month I ordered some short radius elbows, which are now clamped (with the BIG clamps!) onto my intercooler. I had to take some of my tubes down to a muffler shop to have their ends expanded because the tubing is...
  19. anupaum

Mice

All of a sudden I'm having serpentine belt problems. A few days ago part of my serpentine belt disintigrated, so I replaced it. Two days ago it began squeaking. It's not a little, minor thing, but an exceedingly irritating, nerve-grating noise that can actually aspire above my stereo! The...
  20. anupaum

Tuning

I'm not entirely convinced my new O2 sensor is working. Sometimes it'll come on, but the moment I put my foot into the throttle it begins reading dead rich. Now, fuel economy is terrible, and this has me scratching my head a little bit. Since I went to BIGGER tubing and a BIGGER throttle...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad