• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. MadMax_636

Water pump and fan clutch - How do you remove a suck clutch fan?

I cant find any info about normal or reverse thread on the 2.8. I just keep finding mixed info or 2.9 info.
  2. MadMax_636

HEI converted ignition - Ignition module hot wire from harness only has 10 volts according to multi meter

Today I was thinking about rewiring my ignition system just to clean stuff up. So I checked my battery voltage (12.98v) and then I turned my ignition ON and checked the red/hot wire going to the HEI module, it was only reading 10v I even unplugged it and tested the same wire directly to the...
  3. MadMax_636

Overnight ignition issue (Duraspark/HEI) Cranks fine when ignition is unplugged. Acts as if its way too advanced when hooked up

So, I got home Saturday and my wheel cylinder blew out. I replaced it Monday as It was raining cats and dogs Sunday. Saturday night I was fiddling with the timing, carb, and so on since I was having an issue with it but got it fixed. I tested it cold and hot starts and it cranked/started up...
  4. MadMax_636

Done anyone have a view of their 9 inch brakes on a first gen? 1983-1990? I need to make sure Ive got all my hardware.

So, my wheel cylinder brew out and I took my wheel off to the wonderful drums being not fully seated, the cylinder exploded, and I cant tell if I somehow lost the hardware. I just need a photo of the parts and all together. Thanks in advanced
  5. MadMax_636

Spark plug gapping - How it affects timing - How to gap when burning oil

This is a post asking about what yall are gapping your plugs at. Mainly because Ive done endless research on plug gapping and heard/read mixed stuff. Adding .010 from factory will help with performance and economy, it wont affect timing (Ive learned the bigger the gap. The more advanced the...
  6. MadMax_636

84 key solenoid issues

So, ive been having an issue with my key solenoid where it run and start work but acc doesn't and when it does. its flaky and will go on and off. I narrowed it down to the key solenoid because I can fiddle with the key and itll work but while driving or even sitting and the bumps in the road...
  7. MadMax_636

Doesnt wanna idle when timing is set to 10-12. Only idles happy when advanced.

So, I recently got my Ranger back up and running. I fixed all of the issues that I knew about (EGR block off and why my intake was getting flooded. It was a blown power valve gasket.) but now, I cant get the idle right. When I set my timing to 10-12 it idles but very very rough. It only idles...
  8. MadMax_636

would a f150 8.8 rear end fit in first gen ranger?

My friend might be getting a 1986 f150 with a Borg Warner t18 or t19 not sure which but if its got the 8.8 rear end. I might see about using that in my 84 ranger since itll work perfectly with the BW T18 or T19 and the 302 ill be dropping in it. It currently has a 4.9 which would make for a...
  9. MadMax_636

Has anyone dropped a Ford 300 into a first gen (1983-1989) Ranger?

Im thinking about getting a Ford 300 that comes with a 5 speed so I could use the trans for my 302 but I was thinking that maybe if I could fit the 300 in my ranger. Id use that. Mainly since they are bulletproof motors, 4.9l in size, and have better power ranges than a stock crown vic 302. I...
  10. MadMax_636

EGR Block off plate leaking

Ive been having this issue with my EGR block off with it leaking exhaust into the intake and causing it to run really bad and most of the time stall/die. How have yall done your block off plates? Ive only started having this issue recently. When I first did the duraspark mod/upgrade I never...
  11. MadMax_636

Will a 1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD 302 rear end fit on a 84 ranger?

My brother's LTD is going to the junk yard so its becoming the donor car for the engine as well as anything else. Im pretty sure the rear end a 8.8. Would that work?
  12. MadMax_636

Luck with using stock 2.8L V6 radiator with a 302.

Im curious if anyone has had any experience with using the stock (or even a heavy-duty replacement 2 core) radiator with a 302. Im thinking about keeping the old radiator since its less than a year old but pairing it with a 165 thermostat and a electric fan. I was also thinking about using a...
  13. MadMax_636

84 with a 7ft bed. Help with driveshaft and 4.2L V6 manual transmission mounts and clutch

As the title states. Im stuck in the part picking phase. I dont know what transmission mounts, driveshaft, and clutch I need to get. Since the transmission is for a 4.2L v6 but going onto a 302. Im assuming the bell housing is smaller so id need a smaller flywheel. Also what starter would/should...
  14. MadMax_636

Removing the carb spacer

Has anyone done it and if so, How hard was it? Since I was trying to loosen the hex bolts on mine and they wont budge. Id like to replace that gasket as well but I cant seem to even get the bolt to budge. I tried to rotate one and it made a cracking sound and "turned" but couldnt get it to move...
  15. MadMax_636

Engine acts like its got a vacuum leak but I cant find it. Spark plugs are fouled though

As the title states. My spark plugs are fouled and my engine wont stay running. Its acting like theres a vacuum leak. Ive used stater fluid everywhere and the only point that seemed to be a problem area was the EGR block off plate/gasket. I have since replaced it and it still wont stay running...
  16. MadMax_636

PCV 2 post/port. Why?

Im asking why the PCV vale has 2 ports on it. A larger (Bottom) smaller (Top) port. I know the larger port hooks right up to the PCV port on the carb but I dont know why it has a second port. I hooked a vacuum gauge to it while the truck was running and it pulls VERY little vacuum at idle but...
  17. MadMax_636

Im new to the idea of the 5.0 swap into my 84 Ranger. I need help bellhousing help

So, Ive pretty much found all the parts I need to order to do all the conversion besides the bell housing. That is the only part I cant seem to find. I found online and YouTube of people using different bell housing and its recommended (Which from what I believe means there are other options)...
  18. MadMax_636

Help with fuel level sending unit (Replacing with universal unit)

Ive seen/looked at photos of the gas tank but I cant tell how Id install the unit on the tank. The gauge on the dash is dead. Its never worked since I got the truck. This keeps me from taking my truck outside the city limits which I hate. I want a working gas gauge.
  19. MadMax_636

I need help with first gen 84' radio wiring.

I cant find a diagram anywhere. Either in my book or on here. Ive got a new radio (New to me) and I wanna wire it properly. When I bought the truck it had a radio but it was wired to the battery so it had a constant 12v even when the key was off. So my battery would die. I pulled that radio out...
  20. MadMax_636

2150 and Fuel/air mix not right. Cant get jetting right

NOTE: I asked this same thing on Reddit and couldnt get much help besides try cleaning and clearing out the carb. So, My 84 has the duraspark. Ive got the timing set at 10 BTDC and thats good. I cant seem to get the passenger side spark plugs to look as good or look to run as rich as the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad