• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Is the “slip” in the tranny or the Limited Slip Diff?

I haven’t been around for a while and that is a good thing, however I have a problem. Truck is a 1996 Ranger, straight cab, 7’ bed. it has the ECM, 5.0, tranny, and 8.8 Limited Slip rear (2 wheel only) diff from a 1999 Mountaineer. I have 50K on the build. I always let the truck run a few...
  2. Trans swaps

I took a 1996 Ranger auto trans 2 wheel drive and swapped in a 5.0 and trans from an Explorer, I now have the bad engine and reportedly good trans from the swap. The 16 year-old across the road has ‘91 4 wheel drive with bad a/t trans. Is there any way to use the one to repair l/replace the...
  3. Engine Stumbles P0443-P0453

After 5.0 swap, I have driven approximately 15K miles and now have a very serious but intermittent miss. 1996 Ranger, '99 Explorer 5.0 Codes are P0443 and P0453, all searches say it should cause drivability issues. Any thoughts?
  4. 5.0 conversion no fire

I was hoping I had all questions related to this swap behind me, alas, not to be. 1996 Ranger, straight cab longbed. 5.0, tranny and rear from wrecked '99 Mountaineer. I worked out the bugs and it is needing an oil change, (the 3rd) with 10K from combo hiway and "town" driving. MPG, 14.5-19.2...
  5. Multiple DTC after truck running great, '99 5.0 in a '96 Ranger

I had hoped to make a good progress report but things have been busy and the truck was running great. I was having tranny shifting issues by trying to use an over the counter '96 PCM. I was able to find a vendor in Florida that removed PATS from the original '99 PCM/ECM, I will post that info...
  6. Wiring in my Dakota Digital Speedometer

Wiring in my Dakota Digital 1996 Ranger 1996 Ranger, 1999 5.0 Explorer, engine, tranny and rear diff. I am getting to the completion stage, Electric fans working, rad hoses look good, Electric fuel has been working. Dual exhaust in and was that a $$$$ surprise? Bed is back on, trailer hitch...
  7. '99 5.0 in a '96 Ranger, PCM and fuel pump issues.

I know some of the members on here are members on other sites too. I am reposting here from another site. Not sure I can make this short. I swapped a '99 5.0 from an Explorer into a '96 Ranger. Ranger V-6 runs at aprox. 36 psi fuel pressure. '99 Explorer operates at 58-60 psi. I am using the...
  8. 5.0 swap unforeseen issues.

I guess it might be mostly me, because if I get in a check out line in a store, it will, without a doubt become the longest line in the store including Wally World. So, I did not expect the swap to go perfect. I bought the ‘96 2 wheel drive Ranger, no radiator and partially disassembled engine...
  9. Best place to reflash a PCM

In the middle of the swap of the 1999 5.0 into a 1996 Ranger. I have converted the fuel system over to the higher pressure Explorer system and simply want to program out the PATS system. Either that, or does anyone know for sure if a over the counter '96 Explorer will fire the injectors...
  10. Questions on my ‘96 5.0 conversion

This project took longer than even I figured. 1996 Ranger, straight cab, long bed. Donor, 1999 Mountaineer. Both A/T 2 wheel drive. I made plates, Used factory 3.0 mounts. The 8.8 rear is installed Complete with 1996 4x4 shocks. All sway bar and traction aids bolted up. I lifted the engine 1”...
  11. 5.0 Mustang Exhaust manifolds on Ranger swap

Does anyone know whether or not I could use 2012 5.0 Mustang exhaust manifolds (look like headers) on the ‘99:Explorer to ‘96 Ranger conversion I am doing? The exhaust flanges are up high near the end of the head.
  12. Oil filter adapter

I am installing a ‘99 5.0 from an Explorer in to a ‘96 Ranger. I purchased the remote oil filter kit from James Duff parts and the filter will be a FL1-A but the filter is 3/4”-16 threads and so is the female thread on the block side adapter. The threads are 3/4”-16 female but the block seems to...
  13. New to site, questions concerning ‘99 5.0 into a ‘96 Ranger

I have a ‘96 Straight cab A/T with bum V-6 and purchased a ‘99 Mountaineer 5.0 that was wrecked. Both 2X4 A/T. From what I am finding, I may have bit off a tougher chew with the ‘99 conversion? Looks like not only do I swap the engine and trans along with computer, wiring harness etc. but also...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad