• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Bed Liner with Topper Cap

I'm the original poster ...... Thanks to everyone who responded with their ideas and experiences. I’m gonna have to go over them all a few more times and take more notes on what might work best for me. The Ranger I just traded in was a 2000 that I bought used in 2002. It had an aluminum cap and...
  2. Bed Liner with Topper Cap

Hey All, I have a 2020 Ranger SuperCab (6’bed). I have a topper/cap on order now and it should be here any day. Even though the bed will not be directly exposed to weather I’d like to have some protection on the floor, walls and gate for when I haul firewood etc. I considered a spray or...
  3. Anybody have a SuperCab 2019 Ranger with the "Rear Seat Delete" Option?

Here’s my two cents … I don't have a dog so that’s not a concern for me. I’ll be using the rear seat area for normal everyday transporting of stuff I don’t want to put in the bed and for suitcases etc. on road trips. I did consider the Seat Delete option at first but after reading about the...
  4. Have Initial Issues With The New Ranger Been Addressed?

Thanks for your response. It's comforting to hear that your Ranger has none of the issues I posted. I'm probably just being overcautious because I haven't bought a new truck in almost 20 years and am a little apprehensive about buying a re-issue in the first couple of years. But, thanks to this...
  5. Bed Height Ladder Racks Garage Fit

I test drove a 2020 Super Crew (they didn't have a Super Cab) last week. I brought it home and parked it in my garage. It's definitely a tighter fit than my old Ranger but manageable. As far as the height, I should be just fine. My door opening is exactly 82". The antenna on the 2020 cleared it...
  6. Have Initial Issues With The New Ranger Been Addressed?

Jim – I’m probably not the best person to ask about the performance of the 2.3 EcoBoost because I’m not really a “car guy” and don't have the experience an understanding to give a credible tech kinda answer. But what I can do is tell you how I felt about it. And since you asked I will. : ) I...
  7. Have Initial Issues With The New Ranger Been Addressed?

I'd be worried about the right rear door noise because I'm a bit obsessive about little things like that. It's just me. I'm not expecting the ride and solitude you get with a Bentley but I'd like something better than what I have now. With that said ... Perfect timing! I just got back from a...
  8. Have Initial Issues With The New Ranger Been Addressed?

Actually, I'm ok with a slight lean from spring fatigue. But I still feel that a vehicle as expensive as they are now should come out of the dealer lean free ... or at least very close. Regarding my original post: I was more concerned with that rear door 'misalignment" and excessive cabin...
  9. Have Initial Issues With The New Ranger Been Addressed?

This is in regards to the possible lean issue only. Just for the heck of it … I’m not an engineer or claim to be the smartest person in the room but …… According to my calculations: The fuel tank itself weighs about 20 to 25 pounds, fuel weighs 6 pounds per gallon and the 2020 Ranger holds 18...
  10. Have Initial Issues With The New Ranger Been Addressed?

Ok – So after tons of research here on the forum and other on line sources I was getting really close to taking the new truck plunge. Then today, while seeking information on cabin noise, I found a pretty discouraging article pointing out issues with the 2019 Ranger. (the article link is below)...
  11. Bed Height Ladder Racks Garage Fit

Nice. I can live with those weight ratings. I'm still gonna do some research on the aluminum caps only because I still kinda like that "work truck" look. However, because of possible height issues with an aluminum cap and because of the info I’ve gotten here on The Ranger Station I’m now a lot...
  12. Bed Height Ladder Racks Garage Fit

sgtsandman - Thanks for the measurements and pics! With that info at least I know I can go with a fiberglass cab high cap/with similar racks. According to your measurements I'd have 6" between the racks and my door opening ... and the antenna would still clear by 3". Regarding the tires, I'll...
  13. Bed Height Ladder Racks Garage Fit

Ha! They do let us leave the City and State to go on vacation once in awhile ya know! The picture was taken in Tennessee .... where I'd rather be right about now. ?
  14. Bed Height Ladder Racks Garage Fit

Hey All, I’ve made a couple of previous posts regarding my (hopefully soon) Ford Ranger purchase. I’ve asked about the FX4 and Tow Package. Thanks to the responses I got here both are now definitely on my “want” list. Next dilemma, making sure this thing will fit in my garage. The width and...
  15. FX-4 or not?

sgtsandman - Thanks for the Fluid Film suggestion. I really like the idea of being able to SEE underneath. Without your suggestion I probably would have gotten some sort of tar type undercoating. After reading your post I did a little research on Fluid Film and found a post on another message...
  16. FX-4 or not?

Original Posters Reply: Thanks for all of the responses. I think I'm gonna test drive a few of the 2020's and make a last minute decision regarding the FX-4. To gw33gp & sgtsandman: My 2000 Ranger was garage kept and has just over 100k. I'd really like to keep it but within the last year and...
  17. FX-4 or not?

Ok, it looks like this will be the year I retire my 2000 Ranger and get the new 2020. Question: Should I get the FX-4 Off-Road Package? My 2000 had the FX-4 (with the tow package) and over the last 20 years the closest I’ve come to off-roading was, once, when I pulled an old trailer from the...
  18. Towing Package Option

Thanks for the quick responses to my first post on the Ranger forum! I’m not really a “car guy” and never fully understood the relation between the 4:10 rear end HP and trans. Throughout the years I’ve owned my 2000 Ranger everyone told me it’s slow get-up-and-go and 13 or 14 mpg was because of...
  19. Towing Package Option

Hi, I’ve owned a 2000 Ranger 4x4 for almost 20 years now and just found out there is another crack in the frame. (I had the first one welded a few years ago). I think it’s time to let this one go and get the new 2019. I bought my 2000 Ranger used with about 20,000 miles on it and it came with...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad