• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. MikeShepard505

Major Shift Problem (2000 3.0) Need Help

About a month ago my automatic transmission on my 3.0 started having problems shifting and now it’s happening more often. During the cold weather and turning it on and putting it into Drive it wouldn’t go into drive immediately, took 10-30seconds sometimes or if I gave it gas it'd bang into 1st...
  2. MikeShepard505

2000 Ranger THREE POINT OH (3.0!) firing order

Okay so all I did in the end was switch 4 and 5. At first switched wires 1 and 3 on the coil pack and it started up but was misfiring. Then I switched 4 and 5 on the coil pack and it was still misfiring, so I switched 1 and 3 back again and it started right up and it idles perfect and runs...
  3. MikeShepard505

Wow. Thank you for this, definitely the best Info I’ve gotten for the Rangers v6’s. This would probably explain how I was able to wire differently another 3.0 without using the exact diagram a couple months back. Tomorrow I’ll give an update on what i did, i called it a night.
  4. MikeShepard505

And just for reference, this is the diagram every middle aged dude on the internet has given for a 3.0 v6 and ITS NOT CORRECT. I pulled wires 5 different times and did this exact diagram everytime and it’s not it. I’ve way over analyzed and done this diagram so I’m positive it is not correct...
  5. MikeShepard505

So let’s try this in absolutely one go. Please do not give me firing orders on any other year 3.0 because every single one of them is different ??‍♂️ And yes anything past 2000 is even more complicated because Haynes and chilton both f*cked up the coil pack angle. It is a flex fuel 3.0 so it...
  6. MikeShepard505

3.0 Spark Plug Gap

Suggestions on stores that might have some of these spark plugs on the shelf? Autozone never has motorcraft, just am ordering option in store.
  7. MikeShepard505

3.0 Spark Plug Gap

To be honest I’ve looked a K&N intake and a crank pulley from jet performance for a little more performance. But I think I’ll go get some platinums gapped with its range. To many ifs and worries with these. And I’m not sure I could carefully bend 6 of them down anyways lol
  8. MikeShepard505

3.0 Spark Plug Gap

Keeping in mind the truck is 2wd and it’s 1st gear, petal on the floor with the tires spinning at 40mph to move in this mud. So I’m really looking for the best way to run this truck
  9. MikeShepard505

3.0 Spark Plug Gap

I guess the question is then, should I get different plugs at this point? The truck is literally my way of getting out of thick wet clay when it rains out where I live so I’m really running the crap out of her. Sometimes we go into town with the truck but Im mainly driving my E36 bmw as a daily...
  10. MikeShepard505

3.0 Spark Plug Gap

I’ll disagree on that search, though they got me pre gapped at .052 which is not standard for the 3.0
  11. MikeShepard505

3.0 Spark Plug Gap

Hello, I’m back again with things that shouldn’t need answering. I thought it was high time to replace my spark plugs and wires on the ranger but unfortunately I have a feeling I’m in another f*ck autozone situation. I ordered pre gapped Bosch iridium spark plugs and was already bugged on the...
  12. MikeShepard505

Brighter bulbs on my 3.0

Hello again, is it unwise to place brighter bulbs in my head lights? I purchased 2 sets of bulbs, one that’s 50% brighter and the other pair 150% brighter. If I put either in should I be changing some fuses to higher amp fuses? I’m really only familiar with putting some new speakers in...
  13. MikeShepard505

Are these oxygen sensors no good?

Intank fuel pump was replaced. Her truck works just like it did out the factory. was a combination of clogged cats, fuel pump, and a useless boyfriend.
  14. MikeShepard505

Any who, it’s looking like the fuel pump. No kinked fuel lines, everything was hooked up correctly, once the oxygen sensors and the rest of the cats were hooked back up it stopped throwing a code for the oxygen sensors (duh) previous fuel pump had a warranty but I tried to get it across that you...
  15. MikeShepard505

You have to be the most useless member on this entire forum.
  16. MikeShepard505

I can’t tell if all 3 are bad or if they’re alright
  17. MikeShepard505

Speedometer gear, bigger tires

Does anyone have an Automatic ranger from 98-00 that came stock with the 245/75r16 wheels? I’d thought it’d be much easier if someone had the speedometer gear to show me so that I could just buy the same to go to the bigger rims and tires. And assuming the 3.0’s and 4.0’s have the same...
  18. MikeShepard505

Help me help an old lady ?

Maybe that’s where I went wrong last time ??‍♂️ Lol had to push the tab in wards so it’d expand and I could pull the line off. was using a funny looking tool for fuel lines but it was just a hair too big and too small to fit around the line and still be able to fit inside to press the tab back...
  19. MikeShepard505

I’ve done the fuel pump previously on my own ranger. I have an a-frame, come along, and some trailer straps rated for 1200 pounds. Much easier pulling bed I think
  20. MikeShepard505

@rustyolranger right it’s pretty straight forward is what I thought. And yes I’ve made myself familiar with the fuels lines previously. the lines im talking talking about are the 2 that run from the fuel filter to the fuel pump. The clips on the one end of the lines that connect to the fuel pump...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad