• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by zekew64

1. 92 2.3: Front crank oil seal carrier?

Hey all. I have a (somewhat big) problem (may have posted this somewhere else, can't recall). I'm rebuilding my 2.3 with 2.5 internals. The problem is, I broke in three places the aluminum oil seal carrier -- and it is integrally-related to putting the oil pan back on. What I need to know is...
  2. Which tool is correct?

Hey all. I'm posting this here because I need some info regarding the crankshaft timing sprocket/gear and removing it. I've seen two tools available to do the job, but cannot find the info needed to tell if either tool will fit my engine (Lima 2.3). The tool numbers are as follows: 1) Tool...
  3. Been awhile...but hope remains

Hey y'all. It's been some time since I've been on here, but I have been researching and planning a build for my truck since she went down in October with a cam bearing seizure. This is my basic build: - 2.5l rotating assembly in '91 block. After checking the numbers, this "should" work. Crank...
  4. 1989-1994 Mechanical Speedo & Odo Teardown

This is of the odometer completely separated. Bad news is, because the housing is metal and not plastic, removal of the odo may not be possible to reset it The rest of the pics are the individual pieces of the speedo. I will be doing a How-To on how to tear down and check the individual...
  5. 1989-1994 Mechanical Speedo & Odo Teardown

Hey all. As nobody has posted about the 89-94 mechanical speedos, I thought I would show some pictures. The gauge itself is from an 89 BII; as I have a 92 Ranger with the same exact speedo and odo, I do not believe there is any difference between the two gauges. The reason why I'm posting...
  6. E-Fan upgrade -- Complete!

Hey all...as the title suggests, I have finally completed my e-fan upgrade! How I did it is a bit different, however, because I tied my e-fan wiring into my heater control assembly, since my A/C is basically non-existant. What I did might work for you, if you don't mind not having A/C. This...
  7. Clutch Line Install

Hey all...I'm at my wits' end here. Job was to change out the clutch because of chatter. Everything went fine, for both disassembly and install, save for the last actual connection -- the clutch hydro line into the slave. For whatever reason, the damn thing won't go in! I've tried and done...
  8. Brake lights, turn signals not working

Hey all... My problem started when I attempted to change out my radio head unit. Basically, I had to take off the dash facia to be able to pull the head unit. This involved messing with the head light switch to pull the knob off, and the screw-in piece that holds the switch in place, as well...
  9. New Spin on E-Fan Upgrade

Hey all...I know this has probably been done to death, but I have been researching doing an e-fan upgrade to my 2.3. The problem I'm running into is two-fold: First, the "fan temperature switches" advertised as aftermarket parts will not work, due to the 2.3 not having any hole drilled in the...
  10. PCM tests, Or How To Tell If Your PCM Is Dead

After a bit of research, I discovered an easy way to determine if your Ranger's "brain box" is dead, or nearly so; these tests require the use of only a DVOM. Basically, on any older, OBD-1 system, mist engine sensors had only two wires going to them, such as the ECT and EGR sensors. The idea...
  11. PCM tests, Or How To Tell If Your PCM Is Dead

After a bit of research, I discovered an easy way to determine if your Ranger's "brain box" is dead, or nearly so; these tests require the use of only a DVOM. Basically, on any older, OBD-1 system, most engine sensors had only two wires going to them, such as the ECT and EGR sensors. The idea...
  12. New ideas

I had a brilliant idea last night. Actually, a couple of them. First, why has no company ever built a combination intercooler/radiator for any vehicle? I thought about design like this: First, the engine coolant tubing is staggered and rearward of the turbocharged air tubing. This dual-tubing...
  13. Setting the radio clock

This is for anyone that still has the OEM early Ford digital radio with a cassette deck, and has lost the clock-setting procedures. Setting your clock radio is as easy as 1-2-3: 1. Turn the ignition key to 'ON', then turn the radio on. 2. Pushing in the volume knob, hold it in. 3. Use the...
  14. Crank but no start...at wits' end

Hey all...sorry I've not been back until now. On to my problem: Back in April, my timing belt stretched, resulting in a badly timed engine. Long story short, mechanic replaced the belt -- but the truck ran like crap, then completely quit. I got it back in a non-running condition, as the belt...
  15. Can anyone in Southern Illinois help???

Hey all....wondering if anyone in southern IL can help me. Basically, my left rear leaf spring shackle and bracket broke on my earlier this week; I've got the parts and hardware, but because people aren't open down here on Saturday, no shop is open. And because I'm originally from Michigan, I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad