• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by yoshi

1. yoshi

V8 swap electrical issues.

Update for anyone who encounters this issue, I had grounded the case of the PCM but not the power ground on pin 40 and 60. After grounding these pins everything worked as expected.
  2. yoshi

V8 swap electrical issues.

Hey y'all. Working on my 5.0 Ranger swap and I have run into my first electrical issue. The fuel pump relay pin that should be grounded by the PCM in run position or cranking is instead reading 8.7v when in run. Testing other wires I found some with -3.3v, some with 12v, and some with 8.7v. The...
  3. yoshi

New to posting on TRS

Hey y’all, I have been lurking on these forums for a few months just thought i’d post an intro thread. I have an 88 ranger regular cab short box that was entirely rhinocoated by the previous owner. Drove it for about a year before the massive oil consumption and starting issues with the 2.9...
  4. yoshi

Dana 44 TTB swap driveshaft clearance

I have a 1354 manual shift from the original drive line however it’s bolt pattern is different from the full-size tailhousing on the m5od. A new tcase is a bit out of budget right now so I think i’ll run in 2wd for now until I can afford an NP case or figure out how to make the 1356 work. Thanks.
  5. yoshi

Here’s a few pics of the t case and front diff, I think I’m going to have to relocate the fuel system parts. Could I just switch the in tank pump with a high pressure unit and run new lines? Would I have to notch/clearance the frame? The truck is on stock springs and is very low right now...
  6. yoshi

Howdy all. I am currently swapping a Dana 44 TTB and 1356 T-case into my 1988 Ranger single cab short box. I've run into an issue where the output of the T case and the pinion on the front diff are very close to the drivers side frame rail, and the drive shaft would hit the frame rail and fuel...
  7. yoshi

Broke transfer case housing city driving.

Howdy everyone. I’m having some very troubling issues with my ranger. I snapped 2 of the tiny 1210 u joint on the rear drive shaft wheeling. I removed the rear shaft and used the 4hi with the front drive shaft to get home. When driving to the drive line shop I hear a loud crack/pop and all my...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad