RonD's latest activity

• RonD replied to the thread 2.3L ('83-'97) Camshaft Question.
    Cam sensor is for spark and sequential injector timing so it shouldn't matter, if crank/cam/aux gears are timed correctly
  • RonD replied to the thread Speedo driven gear....
    Sorry, I thought you replaced the Driven gear already, then that one first
    Then I guess the driveshaft and tail shaft are coming off, lol Drive gear would be the only thing that would fit the issue now I think...
  • Welcome to the forum Upstream O2 sensor is not on the list? They wear out, use up the chemicals inside, even while just sitting, 120k...
  • RonD replied to the thread 2.3l auto to manual tranny swap.
    You are right that I am wrong plenty of times, lol, but..........................not in this case 2.3l Duratec engine(2001-2011...
  • Oddly enough that kind of thing does happen often in the parking lot of the Lowe's across the street from where I work. Interestingly...
  • RonD replied to the thread The Dreaded Lean Code.
    Not unless their EYES are CLOSED!!!
    Did you try spinning the gear with your drill, while attached to the cable? Maybe the interface is broken Not sure on the clips but I...
  • RonD replied to the thread The Dreaded Lean Code.
    The "rule of thumb" you are thinking of is when engine is at 500RPM, and its 1g/sec per Liter so a 3.0l at 500rpm would show about 3 to...
  • RonD replied to the thread TCC Lockup -- By Manual Switch?.
    (y) sounds good Its all about how YOU drive, computer control was set at factory so no user changes, later models had adaptive...
  • RonD reacted to Shran's post in the thread "Barn" find '95 with Like Like.
    My fiance and I took a trip up north of Bismarck this weekend to pick up her new Ranger. This truck has been in her family since new...
    You can still add a switch to disable TCC when you want, I would add a RED led on this switch so you know its OFF Reason being is...
    Yes, the older cruise systems use speedometer cable IN from transmission and then OUT to speedometer And they did have a pre-cursor VSS...
    Yes, that's a new one Check if you already have one, I doubt it on a 2.8l but maybe Ford was adding VSS for cruise and computer use in...
    I think you would be better off with a speed switch vs vacuum switch Like this one...