• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Reece’sPieces

1. 91 m5odr1 gets stuck in 4th gear.

Hey guys, So I was driving on the highway yesterday and when I came to a stop, my transmission got stuck in 4th gear. I basically pushed super hard on the shift lever while slipping the clutch a bit and eventually managed to get it back into 1st gear and drive home. Then on the way back, it did...
  2. 91 4x4 Transmission Crossmember Bushings?

Okay so I ended up putting the leaf spring bushings in after coating them with RTV. I also used washers on the outsides to take up space and I have really well-sized bolts that go through the middle of each bushing and mount to the brackets on the frame. I still wouldn't recommend doing this...
  3. 2.3L ('83-'97) Bucking, loss of power under load-solved

Sorry I haven't updated this old thread. The problem ended up being mixed up spark plug wires on the exhaust side coil pack for me. I fixed them and it runs like a champ now. Feel free to keep posting though.
  4. 91 4x4 Transmission Crossmember Bushings?

Update: don't use they Chevy leaf spring bushings! They don't fit in snug and there's actually little bit of play between them and the cross member. I'm gonna wrap them with a little bit of tape or something for now. I ordered some bushings from Amazon that aren't made for Rangers either but...
  5. 91 4x4 Transmission Crossmember Bushings?

Thanks for the suggestions! I’m making some replacement bushings from the Chevy ones and a bunch of washers. I’ll let you all know how it goes or if I end up having to get a new crossmember.
  6. Should I replace front driveshaft u joints?

The one between the diff and the driveshaft. I’m gonna replace them all eventually. I just don’t have the time and money right now and wanted to prioritize the most important ones.
  7. Should I replace front driveshaft u joints?

Hey everyone, I’m not sure if this is in the right category. Anyways, I noticed the u joint between my front diff and front driveshaft is a little loose. I’m wondering if I should even bother replacing it since I don’t use 4 wheel drive often. So technically the front driveshaft never even spins...
  8. 91 4x4 Transmission Crossmember Bushings?

I need to replace the bushings that go on either side of the transmission crossmember that attaches to the frame and the transmission mount. I’ve done a little research online and apparently no one makes a replacement for them. I saw a YouTube video where someone recommended replacing them with...
  9. 2.3L ('83-'97) Intermittent sputtering, low power- solved

So it turns out, when I went in and checked all my spark plug cables, I realized I had the 1 and 2 plugs on the exhaust side switched up. I’ve been driving the truck a lot now after fixing that and it has way more power (no misfiring anymore). I hope at least this helps someone from making the...
  10. 2.3L ('83-'97) Intermittent sputtering, low power- solved

I pulled out the spark plug wires today, and they are all within normal resistance. I will try looking into the fuel injectors next.
  11. 2.3L ('83-'97) Intermittent sputtering, low power- solved

If I do replace the injectors, is there a brand you’d recommend? I can’t seem to find Motorcraft ones for my truck online.
  12. 2.3L ('83-'97) Intermittent sputtering, low power- solved

Okay thanks! I’ll try all those things. I’m gonna hold off on getting new injectors and keep running more fuel injector cleaner first. I will keep this thread updated.
  13. 2.3L ('83-'97) Intermittent sputtering, low power- solved

Hey Everyone, Still working on this issue. My truck’s engine will intermittently sputter and have a lack of power while driving. Some days are worse than others, and occasionally it just runs fine. I suspect some part is starting to go out, possibly I need new fuel injectors. Up to this point...
  14. 2.3L ('83-'97) 91 2.3l cranks but no start-solved

Just wanted to report, truck is still starting well. I’m gonna keep running injector cleaner through it as it seemed to work good.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad