• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by notecharlie

1. notecharlie

Motor mounts: L-hand not available?

Motor mounts on my ranger are pretty shot. Based on a little bit of digging, It appears to me: 2.8L has different mounts than the later 2.9 and 4.0 engines 1983/84 have a different frame crossmember than 1985 4WD and 2WD have different mounts (because of different crossmembers again?) no-one...
  2. notecharlie

83-92 side view chrome low-mount mirrors

Yup. after much more investigation, you're right in the general sense. although the ford service manual for 83/84 does *explicitly* refer to the low-mount mirrors (17682) as "western type". Which is interesting, b/c the prior generation of trucks did have "west coast" and "west coast jr" mirrors...
  3. notecharlie

83-92 side view chrome low-mount mirrors

4 bolt chrome "western" mirrors. They seem to have a problem where the ball heads rust out, so you end up with a mirror either hopelessly stuck or hopelessly floppy. What replacements do people like, that are actually stable? (also, why does everyone on the web try to sell F150-sized mirrors as...
  4. notecharlie

1983-1984 v6 radiator replacement

The 45° outlet on the automatic radiator (with the oil cooler) is different from the straight-out on the manual radiator (and both are different from the 45° in the automatic *and* manual radiator on the 83/84).
  5. notecharlie

I assume you could get an 85 lower radiator hose to fit, since that still has the 2.8. Length may be borderline. Haven't tried. At the moment it's not leaking and I don't want to touch it.
  6. notecharlie

To save someone else the trouble I went through since I couldn't find any documentation: 1983 and 1984 Rangers (and bronco II) have a different radiator mount than later Rangers, and have a standard copper radiator. In replacing the hoses, the draincock and upper outlet came off cleanly on...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad