• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by mean machine

1. mean machine

89 ranger 2.9 starting problem

hey guys and gals i have a starting issue after like 4 starts my truck cranks like u have a dead battery if u let it sit a few mins it cranks and starts as normal battery is good whats the dang problem bad starter??:sad:
  2. mean machine

front driveshaft u joint

hey guys and gals i have a 89 ford ranger supercab the guy before me put a 3 inch lift on it and changed the transfercase to a bw1350 with the front yoke not a slip its like the older high riders had that i read on here but my problem is that i need u joinmts and advance auto or autozone around...
  3. mean machine

whats the difference in gear oil

hello i have read in a manual to use gl4 gear oil in the fm146 all i can find is gl5 whats the difference right now i have walmart 75w90 synblend in it and it seems ok but what do you guys think ??:icon_idea:
  4. mean machine

fm146 netural sense switch

hello everyone i have a 89 ford ranger supercab 2.9v6 5 speed with bw1350 my question is is what is the purpose for the switch thats on top of the trans that is right behind the shifter what does it do cause mine is busted and i cant find one anywhere need a part number if anyone has one. i...
  5. mean machine

bw1350 switch

hey guys i need the switch that turns the 4x4 and the low range lights on on the dash a ford part number would be great thanks jason :annoyed:
  6. mean machine

2.9 vacume digram

hello i have a 89 ranger with the 2.9 with mitsu 5 speed and 4x4 also has ac i need a vacume digram i have a haynes manual but it doesnt have a good digram person i got the truck from removed all vacume lines when he replaced the motor i found the heater line but still need to hook up the...
  7. mean machine

got battery trouble

hey guys and gals i have a 89 ranger with the 2.9 and 5 speed the problem i noticed today is that the battery idiot light was lit up but the volt gauge showed normal charge ever with all the lights and stuff on but if i wiggle the key it goes out what is it cant figure it out checked batt...
  8. mean machine

dana28 parts

hello i have a 89 ranger supercab with 2.9 v6 fm146 and a bw1350 with 3.73 gears what i need to know is who or where can i find the ring and pinion for a dana28 with 3.73 in it i got some teeth busted on mine cant find them new or does anyone have a complete center section for a dana 28 with...
  9. mean machine

transfercase bushing

hey im looking for the round bushing in this pic it is on the shift leaver of the transfercase as you can see mine is cracked the other side is worse yet please help with a part number if you can or tell me where to get it thanks jason
  10. mean machine

need help with a 1350 transfercase

hello all i have a 89 ranger with the 2.9 and fm146 and bw1350 t case. what i was wondering is if anyone can help me decode the tag on the case the numbers on it are as follows K3071 1350 then under that 102444 e87a any body have a clue on how to decode the tag ? Yes i know its a 1350 and its...
  11. mean machine

part number needed for front driveshaft yoke

hello i have a 89 ford ranger supercab with the 2.9 and 5 speed with the 1350 transfercase but the problem i have is i need a new yoke that bolts onto the front output of the transfercase at autozone ,advance and napa they cant find the part. I got the truck used and it doesnt have the oe...
  12. mean machine

89 ranger running problems

hello i have a 1989 ranger super can 2.9 with the 5 speed when i drive it and go up about 2 or 3 hills it starts to bog down rpms drop and it keeps bogging down and losing speed even on a flat road at about 3000 rpm it will bog down. I have replaced fuel filter and checked all vacuum hoses and...
  13. mean machine

dies over 2500 rpm

hello i have a 89 ranger super cab 2.9 v6 5 speed i started to have a problem when the truck warms up i had some bad gas 1/4 tank i added 1/2 tank of 93 gas and changed the inline filter but it still has the problem if u try to accelerate when u get to about 2500 rpm it bogs down like its...
  14. mean machine

what transfer case do i have

hello i have a 89 ranger with a 3 inch lift kit and has a front drive shaft with a double cardian joint at the transfer case the tag on the case reads as follows k3071 1350 102444 e87a what is the transfercase and what did it come out of i think its a 1350 but the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad