• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Jolly Roger

1. Jolly Roger

01' F-150 4.6L What other motors match?

I recently purchased a 01' F-150 with 133k. 8th diget W for Romeo. Long story short I spun a rod bearing on the way home. Or more like the guy put enough motor honey in it to make go away. I pulled the pan and miced the crank and it was .06 to .100 under. Looks like i picked a bad year...
  2. Jolly Roger

Dual tank switch?

Im thinking of running a dual tank set up. Never done or had any of that sort of thing before. Thought of running a 10 gal. jeep tank were the spair tire goes. Does any one know whats the easyest switch to use and were to get one? Or even a bone yard score? What years and were to find it? On...
  3. Jolly Roger

Changing mercon for motor oil?

I have a 93' ranger 4cyl 2wd 5sp. I eather have 165k or 265k not sure witch. Shifts ok. A guy told me to drain out the mercon and replace it with 30 weight motor oil. It will run and shift better? I changed the fluid twice in the last 3 years. Not complaning about the shift. Just wonder if any...
  4. Jolly Roger

Exhaust formula?

Does anyone have a good genaric formula for exhaust? Something simple? Or mabey even horse power and torque at a rpm range? Or mabey even somthing for volume and volosity? Once opon a time i had a table that had ci, hp, tq, rpm, and it would give a pipe size to start with. That seamed pritty...
  5. Jolly Roger

Body mount bushings/core support

Im getting ready to change a core support on a 93 reg. cab ranger. I found a new after market core support for $60. Is the a deal? The local auto parts store said thay can only get rear cab bushings and thay are different. Im trying to avoid going the the stealer ship. Are thay different...
  6. Jolly Roger

Blown Timing Belt

I blew a timing belt on the way home from work yesterday. 93 2.3 5sp. 2wd. Got it back on the road last night. My biggest concern did i bend a valve? Do 2.3s have good clearece. It runs better now than it has ran in months. I couldent get the harmonic balencer bolt to budge. So i worked...
  7. Jolly Roger

Bad coil?

93' 2.3l big power loss. Got a scan tool. First time use. If i did it right got 223 and 224. Tested primary rasistance on coil pacs ok. Could not get secoundary. On eather coil pac. Drivers side front spark plug termanal wont wont fire. Is it bad or is there a easy trick?
  8. Jolly Roger

Ignition controled wire

I have a 93' 2.3l 5sp 2wd non ac ranger. Im going to try a electric fan. I just got a tarus electric fan and all the things that go with it. Does any body know were i can splice into the best and easyest ignition controled wire under the hood? Non coil wire prefered. Im going to mount the...
  9. Jolly Roger

heater core swap and ac recharge 99 durango

Has anyone done this before. I understand the whole dash has to be pulled. Ive never recharged ac. Any tips or tricks will help.
  10. Jolly Roger

Electric fan switch

I have a 93 2.3l. A buddy gave me an electric fan out of a tempo or sable mabey? I want to try it on on my ranger. Ive never converted from a clutch fan to a electric fan before. I need a temp switch for on and off. Does any one know where i can get one? Brand name or junk yard off another...
  11. Jolly Roger

2.3l exhaust up grades

I have a 93 2.3l with a stock bandaided exhaust 2" tail pipe. Im replacing cat back. With a turbo syle muffler. How mutch of a difference will it make if i up grade to 2.25" or 2.5". Is 2.5" to big. Later i might up grade my intake to match. Does any one have any numbers? How will it...
  12. Jolly Roger

1993/2.3l Clutch and slave

I have a 1993 ranger with a 2.3l/5sp.. Does any one know Where I can find the best best deal on a clutch kit and slave cyclinder kit? What other year and engines are compatable. I was told 93 and 94 have a different spline count on the trans? Any tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated. Im...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad