• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by jmabarone

1. No clutch release after replacing disc

Well, I guess this will be cheaper than buying a new master cylinder. So should I put the new slave cylinder back in when I pull the transmission? I already have it but the other one was functioning correctly.
  2. No clutch release after replacing disc

Reused old pressure plate. Might be 2 years old.
  3. No clutch release after replacing disc

Hey guys, I need some help. I can't TL;DR this one, so sorry from the get go. Yes, I have read the thread about bleeding and tried the method by Perfection Clutch and the hose over the bleeder to the reservoir. I cross posted, so please excuse if I repeat myself. Here is where my truck...
  4. Big Oil Leak: Front seal?

Hey guys, I need a quick response. I have a pretty major oil leak right now. I think it is the front seal. The truck has a new oil pan gasket and valve cover gasket. The engine has ~120k miles. The oil appears to leak from the front of the engine, onto the main pulley. It seems to be on...
  5. '94 head on '99 block?

Hey guys, I need a quick response. When I put the 2.5 in, it ran like crap. I pulled the head, and all the exhaust valve seats are recessed. I took it to a machine shop and they said it would be at least $250 to redo the head. They then showed me a head from a 93-94 (I believe it is that...
  6. Need Help: engine stalls, truck undrivable

Okay, so my calamities continue. After changing the headgasket on the 2.3, I discovered that it was again letting water into #1, so I decided to get a new engine. I picked up a 2.5 from a 2000 with 120k miles. The 2.5 was a long block swap except for the lower intake manifold, and the cam...
  7. 2.3 to 2.5 swap finished: Starts, but stalls quickly

So I finished swapping in the 2.5 to my truck. It was essentially a long block swap, so only the lower intake manifold and crank position sensor from the 2.5 remain. I changed the timing belt, the marks were all lined up when I buttoned it up, but I have not verified it since the engine went...
  8. Engine swapping with or without transmission?

So I'm getting ready to replace my engine and I was wondering if it'd be better to leave the transmission attached to the engine to pull it out (and put it back in). I don't know that I'll have enough extensions to get to the top trans. bolts... Thanks, Jake
  9. Water Outlet Pipe tricks?

So I replaced the head gasket and all is well except the freaking water outlet pipe is leaking again...this stupid thing is what caused this whole mess in the first place. Is there any trick to getting the o-ring to completely seal? I was thinking I could take the alternator bracket out...
  10. Possible long block swap: '96 2.3 to '98-'01? 2.5?

So my head gasket went, so I am in the process of replacing that. If my head is cracked, however, I will need to replace that. I looked on ebay and a head is just about as much as complete engine...and then I wondered about swapping to the 2.5. How feasible is this swap? As far as I can...
  11. Did I warp the head?

My truck overheated the other night. it was roughly half way up the temp. gauge (not uncommon for me) and when I came to a stop light, the temperature spiked to the high limit of the gauge. the engine stalled and pinged like crazy (knock, it happens) after I started it back up and drove it the...
  12. Spindle Nut question

Hi everybody, Really quick, do I have to replace the spindle nut (washer, castle nut cover thing, and cotter pin) every time I take the rotor off? I just installed new hardware less than 1k miles ago, so will it be fine to reuse? Thanks, Jake
  13. Timing Belt Help

Hey guys, Happy Holidays. I've spent the past few days attempting to get my truck going after replacing the timing belt. I made the mistake of not planning ahead, so I did not leave the engine at TDC when I pulled the old belt. No bother, because I would get the crank in position before...
  14. CEL- "auxiliary emission control"

1996 2.3, 5 speed, 2wd, single cab (if that makes a difference), roughly 140k miles. I had my check engine light come on last week. I took it down to the auto parts store and had them run the codes. It came up with a problem with the auxiliary emission control...anyone know what that is...
  15. Cam profile?

Hey guys, I did search for it, but does anyone know the specs on the cam profile on the '96 2.3? I doubt it makes a difference, but it has a 5 speed. I'd like to squeeze some more power out of my engine, but within reason. I doubt I will put a cam in, but I was just wondering what it is...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad