• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by jds535

1. Noisy Power steering...again

Hello, I have a 98 Ranger 3.0L. Replaced the power steering pump as a PM measure when I replaced the motor. Bad idea, the rebuilt pump I got from Napa was very loud. I followed the bleeding procedure and it quieted down to the point that it was bearable. Withing 2 weeks it was completely...
  2. erratic shifting automatic

Hello, I have a 98 ranger 3.0L automatic 4x4. The truck has 186K on it. It sat for about a year then I bought it an put a motor in it. I did change the tranny filter too at that time. I have been driving it for about a month now and it just developed a new problem. It has always shifted very...
  3. Really bad Highway Mileage ??

I just got this truck and got it going so I don't have a lot of History with it. That said, I have a 98 extra cab 4X4 with an automatic trans, stock tires. 184K miles on the truck but only 70K on the motor I just put in it. I ran it back and forth to work this week and recorded the MPG. I got...
  4. 03 Taurus motor in my 98

Hi Guys, I just registered so I could log in and say thank you to all of the knowledgable guys that post here. Without knowing all that I was getting into I bought a 98 ranger Xcab 4x4 with a blown motor. Turns out there is a whole lot more to finding and installing the correct motor than I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad