• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by J.Incognito

1. Loss of power

Hey guys I have an '85 ranger 2.0 and I have been slowly learning and rebuilding it. Well last year my truck stopped running and I thought it was a transmission or clutch problem until a year later I got on here and found out it was the shifter linkage and was directed to where to get the...
  2. Loss of power

Ok so I had the timing belt redone in a shop right before it broke down. I couldn't get it right so I had someone else do it. I also changed the fuel pump around the same time. The no spark I changed out the selinoid and the ignition coil before I had a friend and myself go through the wiring...
  3. 2.0L ('83-'88) Possible mechanical carb swap.

So under the hood my 85 ford ranger there is a mess of wires and computers and everything seems to be just to run my carb properly and allow it to idle right. Is there a way to replace this carb with the electric choke for a mechanical one or can I simply replace all of these components with...
  4. Loss of power

Hey guys I have an '85 ranger 2.0 and I have been slowly learning and rebuilding it. Well last year my truck stopped running and I thought it was a transmission or clutch problem until a year later I got on here and found out it was the shifter linkage and was directed to where to get the...
  5. Gear shift assembly and linkage.

Thank you. And how do I link them together? The ball just fits into the sleeve? Is there a diagram somewhere?
  6. Gear shift assembly and linkage.

Hey guys I. Having issues with my shifter. Th where it is so worn down that it is b o uncong around in my shifter. It locked up and I called a transmission guy who said my linkage was broken I opened it up and I saw what he is talking about. The ball is just bouncing around in the sleeve it...
  7. 2.0L ('83-'88) Timing issues or carburetor issues?

I feel like that is happening but don't know how to avoid that. I put the belt on. And crank it 2 full rotations but it seems like every time I do that, it will not realign properly. What can I do to get it right?
  8. 2.0L ('83-'88) Timing issues or carburetor issues?

Ok. Yes I set the timing using the gun. And I got compression back in cylinder 4. All cylinders are reading about 120 to 130. It is a 85 ranger 2.0. I did pulled off the carb and since when i first started having issues I was seeing gas come from the overflow that's what I thought my original...
  9. 2.0L ('83-'88) Timing issues or carburetor issues?

So I was driving my '85 ranger and hit a bump when my ranger just shuddered to a stop. It would start at first but soon it quit completely. So I got a brand new battery, fuel pump, distributor cap, starter, spark plugs, plug wires, fuel sending unit, fuel filter, and the carb says it was...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad