• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by icoad1

1. Steering knuckle/spindle help

Thank you all for your help, especially @Vindictus - that link is awesome and saved in my favorites now. Picked up a used part at a wrecker for $50 and got the daughter back on the road same day. @renton - the wrecker I went to (in Rancho Cordova) actually pulled the part for me, which was...
  2. Steering knuckle/spindle help

So my daughter managed to totally destroy her front drivers side wheel bearings. In the process, the inner race of the small bearing has welded itself to the spindle, and the spindle threads are damaged. Being a nice dad, and wanting to keep wife happy, I want to replace the knuckle/spindle but...
  3. Newbie needing help

Update: Finally got around to the transmission fluid yesterday. Seriously Ford - how hard is it to drill and tap a hole and put a bolt in it? Transmission pans without a drain plug should just not exist!!! OK. Rant over, feeling better now. 3 weeks in with this and making progress. As...
  4. Newbie needing help

Thanks for all the help and suggestions. PCV valve, radiator and heater hoses are sitting on my bench, tranny fluid/filter and brake hoses are on their way. Just got it smogged yesterday (CA needs their $80), so all is looking great.
  5. Here to learn and help

Hi all, I'm new to the Ranger world, but have my share of experience with other Fords and (shock, horror) other manufacturers too. I grew up with my father always having a Ford - I actually still remember walking in one night and he was crying because he had just bought himself a new car...
  6. Newbie needing help

Hi all, new to the Ranger world but know a little about Ford trucks as I am on my 3rd Excursion... Just picked up a 2000 3.0L V6 FFV automatic from work for my daughter to take to college. It sat unused since 2015, so I'm trying to make sure I replace all the things I need to replace to make...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad