• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by CubeDweller

1. CubeDweller

Ok guys, lets see your project lists....

Run new plumbing in the house Get HVAC system for same Install solar panels, racking, etc. New tires for Ranger, and struts, and cooling system overhaul, and... Sharpen lawnmower blades Renovate bathroom Build and paint picket fence Replace carpeting with tiling/vinyl planks in hall New carpet...
  2. CubeDweller

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Finally replaced the cat-back exhaust system. Looks like the old one was the original. Of course I could just about see through the muffler.
  3. CubeDweller

Same. Linux (ubuntu) at home. I installed Linux Mint on my in-law's PC as they kept picking up malware (amazing what 70+ yo folks get into.) No problems since, and no complaints or questions about the OS.
  4. CubeDweller

Bliss has gone all Juno (Beetlejuice reference)

Gibson finally ordered today. Dirtman, yeah a welder is on my list, and welding classes.
  5. CubeDweller

Dirtman, thanks for the heads-up. I'm taking it out of my shopping cart. Gibson it is. Thank you Uncle Gump for the lead.
  6. CubeDweller

Thanks! I'm liking the Gibson. I'll keep everyone posted. Sounds like it's louder than stock, but must be a lot quieter than what I have now.
  7. CubeDweller

Bliss, FKA The Mule, has a deep, throaty tone, which has been discovered to be not from a nice Borla system, but a rusted out muffler, exhaust puffing out smoke like Juno with her cigarette. I'm looking at the Walker stainless steel muffler from Rock Auto (#22286) so I won't have to do this...
  8. CubeDweller

New name for the truck

I'm seeing "Fo",but that may be my imagination, could be "Fa".
  9. CubeDweller

New name for the truck

No longer "The Mule" a name given by my mother-in-law, as I found when replacing the headlights, it's real name is "Bliss". So be it.
  10. CubeDweller

Replaced the headlights this weekend, also the original stereo (non-functioning) with a new Kenwood and a new knob for the Climate Control - it was missing. And new speakers in the doors, with a hefty dose of sound deadening on the door panels while I was in there. Also replaced the outside...
  11. CubeDweller

The Mule

Thanks, yes, I've been looking at 5-speeds at the local-ish junk yards. Or a later automatic. The only off-roading I plan on doing is picking up a Christmas tree every December. Our Honda Element handled it well, but it'll be a lot more fun in the Mule. That said, there are a lot of fun looking...
  12. CubeDweller

The Mule

MXGerry, Thank you! Yes, I have been lurking for a few weeks. This group is very supportive and friendly. Lots of great knowledge and wisdom, too.
  13. CubeDweller

The Mule

Did I mention the pollen is fierce?
  14. CubeDweller

The Mule

I don't think the two of us have been in the truck at the same time, never mind the minister. But I have stories about him. He used to introduce his wife to people as "This is my first wife".
  15. CubeDweller

The Mule

RonD, it's been in the family since new, so just one owner. And better, I have the full history, as long as everyone's memory holds. The owner's manual is still in the car. My wife and I got married in 1990, so it's going to be a keeper.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad