• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by BlaineM

1. BlaineM

Ranger winter tire size?

I have a 97 2wd supercab 4.0 st. stock 225/70r14 tire recommended on door post Looking for winter tires and it seems this size is hard to find. I am considering 205/75r14s but they reduce overall diameter a little. Also considering 215/75r14s but they increase overall diameter a little...
  2. BlaineM

where is the left cowl panel

1997 ranger xlt supercab 4.0 std. I am looking for the ground for my backup lights. The wiring diagram says it is "behind the left cowl panel". What/where is the left cowl panel?
  3. BlaineM

looking for a camper for my ranger

I have a 97 xlt supercab 4.0 std with a 6 ft fleetside box. I'm looking for a camper for this truck. A friend tells me that nobody has made campers for rangers. I think he is full of s**t. What have you guys done for a camper on your ranger?
  4. BlaineM

anyone done electronic rust control?

Has anyone used this electronic rust control device? http://www.counteractcpr.com/ The manufacturer makes great claims and gives good testimonials. Wife just bought a newer car. We live in the great lakes area. Lots of humidity + salt on roads = body panel cancer. So I bought one of these...
  5. BlaineM

how should I fix my seat?

The driver's seat is breaking down on my 97 supercab with split bench seats. It might be just the foam under the fabric has degraded. The fabric is no longer stretched tight like the passenger side. But, when I sit on it it feels a little lumpy and slightly lower on the left side. My friend...
  6. BlaineM

Where can I get 5" aftermarket fogs?

I have A 97 supercab with factory fogs in the valence below the bumper. The PO broke both so I am looking for reasonable priced aftermarket ones to replace them The factory ones are way too much coin. I am having a problem finding ones that are the right diameter. The factory lights are 5"...
  7. BlaineM

overspray on my truck

There is whitish overspray on the exterior of the bed of my truck. There is also what appears to be the remains of a puddle of the same color paint on the bed liner near the tailgate. My guess is that the PO had a rattle can accident. I don't know what kind of paint it is, so I don't know...
  8. BlaineM

Are the dash controls supposed to be backlit?

97 ranger XLT supercab 4.0 5spd I just bought this truck and there is no owner's manual. At night, in the dark cab, the only light coming from the dash is from the instrument cluster and the radio. Are the heater controls, fog light switch, and headlight switch supposed to be backlit? They...
  9. BlaineM

No high beam indicator

97 ranger xlt super cab (just bought it) High beam indicator on the instrument cluster does not light up when high beam lights are on. This vehicle does not appear to have working daytime running lights. I thought every new vehicle sold in the last 15 or so years was required by law to have...
  10. BlaineM

Where is the door ajar switch

97 ranger xlt super cab Where is the "door ajar" switch? My interior light will not go out and the "door ajar" light on the dash lights up when the door is firmly closed. I can't find a switch on the door or door jam that would trigger it.
  11. BlaineM

temp gauge needle barely moves

Just bought this truck 97 ranger xlt super cab 4.0L, 5 speed manual Mazda trans, 2 wd After the truck is plenty warm and has been driven for 1 hour the needle on the temp gauge has barely risen above the lowest mark. The coolant is right up and the heater puts out plenty of heat. The...
  12. BlaineM

What problems with 2.9 engine

I have found a nice '87 with 2.9 engine. 425,000 kms but the engine still runs beautifully. Auto trans appears to have been rebuilt or replaced but the engine appears original. How long are these engines expected to last and what if any weakness do they have?
  13. BlaineM

Swap 2.3 5 speed into 2.0 4 speed chassis

I have a 83 ranger xls with 2.0 L4 and 4 speed manual trans. The motor is running on 3. Looks like a blown valve. I know where I can get a 2.3 L4 and 5 speed manual trans out of a 94 Mazda B2300. Is this a straight forward drop-in considering the obvious things like going from carburated...
  14. BlaineM

Engine stalls when foot taken off brake

92 ranger xlt 3.0 engine and auto trans. If the trans is in gear the engine stalls when you take your foot off the brake. Could it be some kind of electrical problem? A switch or sensor perhaps?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad