• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by avid

1. '98 Ranger --> '05 Escape Seat Swap?

All the photos you need are in post #16. The only modifications done were to the two feet on both outside (door side) tracks (see photo). Besides that, what you do is separate the tracks from the bottom of the Escape seats so you can swap in the original Ranger feet tracks. Then you weld some...
  2. Axle flange bolt rounded

Gotcha! Makes perfect sense. Thanks for illustrating and explaining.
  3. Axle flange bolt rounded

I don't quite get what you mean by this. Would I be trying to fix the rounding, or is this trying to break the bolt loose from rust? Sorry for the dumb question. This is what I was wondering, really, if some variety of industrial locktite would be on one or more of these bolts. This is what...
  4. Axle flange bolt rounded

Hi guys. I barely started to remove my transmission last fall and one of the 8 axle-flange bolts on the rear drive shaft rounded off. I've tried everything I can think of to get it off: heat, gear-wrench socket, filing the rounded-head down to 6-point, pipe-wrench, liquid wrench, etc.,. The...
  5. SOLD! 2000 Ranger XLT for repair or parts - SOLD

@schart3 Is that a 4.0 SOHC engine? How rusty is the undercarriage- do you have any photos?
  6. What do you hate about your Ranger?

My '98 is running great overall with a replacement 4.0, new Cooling, Exhaust, AC, and Brake Systems/components, shackles, tires, battery, seats, bluetooth stereo, blah blah blah. Eventually I'd like to put new rims and slightly larger tires on as well as heavier leaf springs. But what I hate...
  7. '98 Ranger --> '05 Escape Seat Swap?

I don't remember if I made it clear that I swapped out the power drivers seat base/tracks for a manual set, so both sides are manual (but with seat heaters - unconnected). However, the trim piece on the driver's side is still for the power seat so it has all the power controls still. I've...
  8. Fiat 131 build

Did you acquire different body panels- I thought you'd already had these? Nice builds, by the way. I spent a couple hours yesterday going through the 54 pages of your Ranger build (Gorgeous), and this one I've caught some of the updates over the years. Is your day job as a mechanic, engineer...
  9. Smoking Room

In the US Residential Code the maximum for exhausting air is 400 CFM before makeup air is required, though this typically applies to range hoods. You could look into that online or consult an HVAC guy. A simple solution would be to crack that smoking room window slightly when you're running...
  10. 4.0 OHV V6 light performance "optimization" build

Nice, Utah geography is amazing. I've only done some of the zero-skill canyons (Spooky, Peek-a-Boo, Wire Pass, etc.,). But my 4.0 Ranger had zero problems on the 3K+ mile trip. Isn't it a little "warm" there most areas in July?
  11. A/C quits under heavy acceleration.

The temperature variable may be a separate issue from the blowing. I had the blowing issue and it's a fairly common problem it seems. https://www.therangerstation.com/forums/index.php?threads/vacuum-line-mystery.188081/#post-1767920
  12. removing the Y pipe from a 4.0

I removed mine but it's been about 4 years ago now. I'm pretty sure the flange itself isn't threaded, but are the nuts welded to the flange maybe? Anyway, a reciprocating saw (sawzall) with a metal cutting blade should work on the top ones. It's just the bolts that hold it together, there's...
  13. What do you take to the Pull Yard?

I usually go with a purpose so I have an idea of what tools I'll need for the part(s) I'm getting. I keep a running list of parts I want in my phone so I always have it, and if its something where I can possibly use the part from multiple-years of vehicle I'll take a photo to help ID...
  14. SOLD! 2000 Ranger

Hi jerkyboyxiii, do you have any more information about or photos of this truck? Is the frame bent? Is it still running/driving? Leaking fluids, etc.,?
  15. SOLD! 2000 Ranger

How much are you asking? Or are you parting it out? NM, just saw you added the price. Are you located in Omaha metro?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad