• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

SOLD! 2000 Ranger

jerkyboyxiii

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My son slid off the road and sideswiped a telephone pole. The ins totaled the truck. The front axle has brand new (two weeks old) seals. The rear leaf springs are twoish months old. The engine has 135k and is an X code VIN. All four fenders are rust free and not dented. the truck was perfect until it hit the telephone pole on its driver's door. $1000 obo.

The truck (it is listed in my profile, but I will post it here bc it is easier for the reader:)2000 Ford Ranger. 4.0. 4x4. Manual transmission. Single cab, Shortbed, flareside. Picked up the truck for my 16 year old son. Front n rear diff fluids flushed. Transm fluid flushed. Transfer case fluid flushed. Coolant flushed. Clutch reservoir fluid flushed, brake reservoir flushed, PS fluid flushed. Oil changed. New fuel filter, air filter, n oil change. Truck has no rust!!!

Last edited:

jerkyboyxiii

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
I removed the post you made in the wanted forum.

The only thing that is left to do now is post a price for what you want for the truck... Forum rules.

jerkyboyxiii

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Thanx, Gump.

avid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
XLT 4.0 OHV 4wd
Transmission
Automatic
My son slid off the road and sideswiped a telephone pole. The ins totaled the truck. The front axle has brand new (two weeks old) seals. The rear leaf springs are twoish months old. The engine has 135k and is an X code VIN. All four fenders are rust free and not dented. the truck was perfect until it hit the telephone pole on its driver's door. $1000 obo.

The truck (it is listed in my profile, but I will post it here bc it is easier for the reader:)2000 Ford Ranger. 4.0. 4x4. Manual transmission. Single cab, Shortbed, flareside. Picked up the truck for my 16 year old son. Front n rear diff fluids flushed. Transm fluid flushed. Transfer case fluid flushed. Coolant flushed. Clutch reservoir fluid flushed, brake reservoir flushed, PS fluid flushed. Oil changed. New fuel filter, air filter, n oil change. Truck has no rust!!!
How much are you asking? Or are you parting it out?

NM, just saw you added the price. Are you located in Omaha metro?

jerkyboyxiii

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Avid, yessir. Im in Omaha near 126th n fort. I'm not really sure about parting it out; I'd rather sell the whole thing...

avid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
XLT 4.0 OHV 4wd
Transmission
Automatic
Hi jerkyboyxiii, do you have any more information about or photos of this truck? Is the frame bent? Is it still running/driving? Leaking fluids, etc.,?

jerkyboyxiii

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Avid, I only have the photos that I posted right now. I can get more if youd like. The frame is not bent. The floorboard is folded, the a pillar is flexed, and the windshield is done, along with the drivers door and window. It still runs like a champ. The tow truck dropped it off on the curb, but I wanted it in my driveway, so my son started it up and drove it onto my property with no issues. I had initially condsidered swapping engines with the ranger i bought to replace it, but the 2001 is a SOHC. The SOHC 4.0 has 149k and the OHV 4.0 has 135k. No fluids are leaking anywhere. I plan on swapping beds bc the 01 has an unlined bed (the 00 is linex'd), and the 01 has a crack in the fiberglass corner at the rear. The ball joints and axle seal were JUST replaced on the 00, so I will swap fronts between the two. The brakes on the 00 are new too, so I plan on rolling out the rear end and swapping between the trucks. The 00 will not be left being unable to be driven; all removed components will be swapped from the 01.

Last edited:

jerkyboyxiii

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I also have a dozen or so FL1A oil filters that will go with the 2000. My 01 takes the FL820S:(

jerkyboyxiii

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD

jerkyboyxiii

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Been sitting on this ranger for a while, swapping out parts for my sons 2001 ranger. The rear springs and axle were swapped, and the front suspension was swapped. The parts removed from the 2001 were put in place of the parts removed from this 2000. I wanted the front and rear out of the 2000 bc we had just paid to have axle seals, pinion seals, diff seals, and ball joints replaced. I have a high offer from a local junkyard to come tow it away for $480. I would love to get somebody from TRS to get it. Id like $450. Anybody interested?

BTW, the bed from the 2000 was swapped to the 2001 because the newer ranger had some fiberglass damage. The truck is now gray w a red bed.

Theichelberger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Been sitting on this ranger for a while, swapping out parts for my sons 2001 ranger. The rear springs and axle were swapped, and the front suspension was swapped. The parts removed from the 2001 were put in place of the parts removed from this 2000. I wanted the front and rear out of the 2000 bc we had just paid to have axle seals, pinion seals, diff seals, and ball joints replaced. I have a high offer from a local junkyard to come tow it away for $480. I would love to get somebody from TRS to get it. Id like $450. Anybody interested?

BTW, the bed from the 2000 was swapped to the 2001 because the newer ranger had some fiberglass damage. The truck is now gray w a red bed.
Yes I'm interested in it, just to be clear the 2000 Ranger is the one you are wanting to sell

jerkyboyxiii

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tb, you are correct. I am looking to sell the gray 2000 Ranger. I am in Omaha, NE. Where are you?

Theichelberger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I'm in McPherson Kansas, roughly 4 hours away

jerkyboyxiii

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Ha! Yup. I go through there when I head to my parent's place in Burrton (between Newton and Hutch on Hwy 50).

So there are no surprises, I will try to give as much info as possible about the truck. Offhand, I took the seats for my son's ranger and didn't replace them. The rear drums and shoes fell apart when I removed them from the 2001, so there are no rear brakes. The front diff is empty bc it dumped on its side when we swapped between the two trucks, but there is nothing wrong with the diff itself (just dont run it dry). All four leaf spring mount bolts had to be flap wheeled in order to get the leaf springs off of the 2001; the leaf springs are nestled in the mounts with seized bolts in the bushings. The front bumper got cannd to the 2000 and I never put on the 2001 bumper. The last thing I can think of is that I took one of the aluminum wheels so I could have a matching spare for the 2001; I replaced the aluminum wheel with my steel spare from the 2001. I will post pics of how the truck looks right now.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals