• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by askthemasses

1. Where do y'all have your switches for exterior lights enter the cab?

Put some lights on my bumper and can't find a good place for the switch and wire to enter the cab. Where have you run the wire?
  2. Going from dual exhaust back to single?

On my ranger, the PO put in a dual exhaust and it's rotted to hell and has a bunch of rust hols formed or forming. Looking at replacement exhausts, should I just go back to stock single exit? If so, do I need to do anything else to like the cat or can I just bolt right up? Or should I stick with...
  3. Sounds like a rock stuck in my tire... but no rock! Other sources?

2000 2wd Ranger. Recently had new tires put on, and since them have had them rebalanced and one replaced (faulty tire was out 12 ounces). Drove with the window down for the first time in a while and noticed a sound like there was a rock in my tire... kind of a clicking? Sounds like it's coming...
  4. Got an instant intense wobble- camber??

Did a lift on my 2wd ranger that requires adjustable camber bolts to get a proper alignment. My dumb ass ordered two bolts- forgetting that EACH side needs two bolts. So right now one side has adjustable, one side has stock. Drove it down the block and it's wobbling BAD. I just stopped and...
  5. Headlight and Brake questions

So as of now my high beaks work but not my regular headlights. Changed the bulbs, cleaned the terminals, checked the fuses, all should be good. The other lights work. Any thoughts on what that could be? Also, I have a soft-ish brake pedal. It's kind of always been that way, and I'm wondering...
  6. Got sent shackles and blocks by mistake- which to use and which to send back?

Used search and read a lot of threads about this but a lot seem to talk about what comes stock on particular models. With a 2000 2WD which would you install? Doing spindles up front. I already ordered 2" longer shocks as if I were using blocks, would I use the same longer shocks for shackles or...
  7. Decided on lift method, but need help ordering to-do list

OK. So I think I'm going with a 4" spindle (front) and 2" block (rear). Also want to get new 32s. I have new wheels sitting here in the box. I figure I should wait to mount the wheels until the lift is done, then do tires/wheels all at once? Doubt I can clear 32s on stock set up right now. Also...
  8. How did you lift your 2WD?

Thinking of adding some inches to my 2000 2WD. I've never done a lift and am wondering what my best options are according to the more experienced folks. I'm about to replace some suspension parts (shocks, control arms, ball joints, etc) and figure it's reasonable to do the lift at the same time...
  9. Best upgrades to make Ranger happier on bumpy dirt roads?

I have a 2000 2WD and don't go mudding or off roading but do occasionally take the back roads to go find trails. The truck handles fine, but I still wonder what upgrades I could make so that it's happier. Shocks upgrade I'm assuming? What else?
  10. Single click/clunk when hitting brake pedal?

Just started hearing a single click like noise when applying brakes. Sounds almost like it's coming from the pedal? I checked the calipers- they're snug (though we're loose last week but I retightened them). Just redid the calipers pads, rotors and had the brakes bled. Any thoughts on what this...
  11. 2000 3.0- Beginners Build

Well I've blown up just about every other nook and cranny of this forum with silly questions and figure I should just compile the progress into a little build thread. Bought this about a month or so ago, 150,000 miles. It had been sitting for a year but started right up with a jump and has had...
  12. Any cool non-solid paint jobs?

I feel like I rarely see Rangers (older than 1999) with two-tone paint jobs, stripes, anything like that. The body doesn't have the same lines/breaks as the older models, but I'm curious what some non-solid paint jobs look like on newer models. Anyone do anything like this to their truck?
  13. Single subtle clunk when braking at low speed- safe to drive few miles??

Driver side front 2000 ranger. Just replaced wheel bearings pads rotor and caliper. Now when I apply brakes at a slow speed there's a single quiet clunk noise. Caliper loose? Ball joint going? Some other suspension issue? Safe to drive until I get it to a shop or stop immediately??? I'm on an...
  14. After all is said and done, I fear my frame is garbage.

Replaced my grill today and noticed this when I took off the old one. Welllllll bummer. Popped the hood and took a look from the top Lemme guess- frame is shot? needs to get weld repaired? I don't even know if I should be driving on this.
  15. Killed my power door switch after shattering driver window. Help.

Super frustrated on many levels, thinking I picked a stupid hobby that I'm not cut out for. So maybe last post. Went to replace my window motor because the window left a gap when rolled all the way up. Got it all done and good to go- last fastener to attach window to motor arm- glass ****kng...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad