• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by a2thy

1. a2thy

OE-style Aftermarket Radius Arm Quality?

I need to replace the driver side radius arm on my 2wd '97 Mazda B2300 but didn't want to shell out the much steeper price for an OEM replacement unless absolutely necessary. I figured I'd check and see if anyone here had any experience good-or-bad with the Dorman, Mevotech, or any aftermarket...
  2. a2thy

Truck Keeps Frying Headlight Switches

Here's a link to the more general electrical problem my truck has (the thread that spawned this one): http://therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158672 Before I replace the headlight switch for the second time, I'd like to know how to determine exactly what keeps frying/melting them...
  3. a2thy

Fluctuating/inconsistent voltage

Greetings fellow RBV enthusiasts, I come to you with a perplexing problem related to my truck's electrical system. A couple months ago my truck left me stranded with a dead alternator. I replaced it with a remanufactured one and all seemed well. Shortly thereafter the lights on my dash, along...
  4. a2thy

Drive shaft compatibility?

I went to change out my drive shaft center bearing because it was completely ripped apart and clearly needed to be replaced. What I didn't realize right away was that the portion of the drive shaft within the center bearing was also in rough shape. It was difficult to tell what was what due to...
  5. a2thy

Rear section of frame compatibility

Hey, I just bought a 4x4 '95 Ranger with some pretty severe rust damage located mostly just on the rear section of both frame rails. To make sure I get rid of all the irreparable metal I want to make the cuts between the bolts on the shackle mounts and weld in the new section there. Other than...
  6. a2thy

What to replace my broken leaf spring with

I have a '97 Mazda B2300 2wd, and just found the middle leaf to be broken in half on the right side. I don't know how long it's been like this, but I assume it's not safe to drive it in this condition. I was just going to replace it with another leaf spring from either a b series pickup or a...
  7. a2thy

12v ignition source needed for battery isolator

I'm in the process of installing a battery isolator for a dual battery setup and would like to know if anyone had a good idea as to which 12v source would be best to tap into. The instructions say to tap into a 12v ignition source, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a source that would only...
  8. a2thy

Newb considering buying a Ranger

Hey everyone. I'm mechanically inclined and an automotive enthusiast, but completely new to the world of trucks. I came here to get as much info as possible before making any big decisions. I know Ford makes quality trucks and a Ranger seems to be the way to go when fuel economy is a concern...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad