• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My F150 coil springs results

irishblessing

Well i don't know what happened to my last thread and i didn't want to jack someone else's thread so

My alignment is the same as before i did the swap because i had bought Skyjacker 132s when i first bought the truck and did my alignment then but the f150s and the Skyjacker coils where the same height. Only the F150 coils are thicker and much less softer than the skyjackers and i like them alot more.

because the coils are so big they are almost touching my sway bar i havent had any problems yet

i was able to get some F150 perches on a 78 at the junk yard and i used those

because the coils are so big they are almost touching my sway bar i havent had any problems yet

Last edited:

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Nice looking truck, Bro, but darn, not much of a lift for all that trouble. You should have used some Ranger lift coils from Springtech or from Fabtech or one of the other companies that make lift coils for 2wd and 4wd Rangers. You would get more lift and align that front end and run some nice size tires.

Are you planning on running any tires bigger than what you have on there? Or, are you keeping it like this? That shock sure looks close to rubbing on that coil. That set up just looks scarry, but others here have used the 150
coils and I don't remember anybody saying the coils were close to rubbing any suspension parts. Maybe somebody else can pipe in here.

r1hatman

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Lookin good man! You gonna get the drop shackles next? Please tell me your gonna install the spring clip that was on the F150 right? Safety first!
[/IMG]

Last edited:

bcost882

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000, 2011
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L, 1.6L
Transmission
Manual
thats weird thsat you didn't really get much lift from it. bummer

irishblessing

Nice looking truck, Bro, but darn, not much of a lift for all that trouble. You should have used some Ranger lift coils from Springtech or from Fabtech or one of the other companies that make lift coils for 2wd and 4wd Rangers. You would get more lift and align that front end and run some nice size tires.

Are you planning on running any tires bigger than what you have on there? Or, are you keeping it like this? That shock sure looks close to rubbing on that coil. That set up just looks scarry, but others here have used the 150
coils and I don't remember anybody saying the coils were close to rubbing any suspension parts. Maybe somebody else can pipe in here.
The shock isnt close to the spring its just the angle of the picture, the only parts that are really close together are the spring and sway bar link and its closer on one side then the other. I haven't seen any wear or heard any noises from those two rubbing. I think im just going to keep these size tires i wasnt planning on going bigger just wanted the truck to sit level and was looking for a cheap way, plus i don't really offroad its my dd and only car.

irishblessing

Lookin good man! You gonna get the drop shackles next? Please tell me your gonna install the spring clip that was on the F150 right? Safety first!
[/IMG]
i have the retainers i haven't put them on yet i left all the tabs in there and bent them to hug the spring and kept one in the way of the spring rotating in the bucket maybe i will put them on though

irishblessing

thats weird thsat you didn't really get much lift from it. bummer
from stock i would have got a bigger lift i already had skyjacker 132 lift coils on there but they were to soft and still didn't level the truck out. The F150 coils lifted it a little more than the skyjackers and are a much smoother ride in my opinion.

r1hatman

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Good deal!

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
i put the skyjackers on my 94 ext cab and they didnt lift me much either and the sway bar links rubbed, so i removed the sway bar and put some spacers under the coil to try to give it more of a boost. im still thinking about using a taller coil though, which ill have to find when the time comes.

irishblessing

the f150 coils and skyjacker coils are the same height or least mine where so youll have to look taller.
do you have a rear shims on your leafs ForOffRoadDriving?

bcost882

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000, 2011
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L, 1.6L
Transmission
Manual
ok, i understand it is like when i upgraded to 'sploder leafs for a stiffer ride and more load capacity

irishblessing

yeah the f150 coils are alot stiffer than the skyjackers i like the F150 coils ride alot more too, i dont hear the coils compress and retract everytime i go over a speed bump

aliker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
how much did it lift the front end of your pickup?

1997 ranger xlt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0 ohv
Transmission
Automatic
are your using stock shocks or are they lift shocks

tjtheman007

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
What year f150 did you get those springs from? and how much lift from stock would you
say it gave you?

Im looking at installing explorer rear leafs and then f150 coils in the front. Think it would level out?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals