• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

oil filter reclocation kit

ajk132957

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 4cyl
Transmission
Manual
where would i be able to find the right oil filter relocation kilt to put a 351 in my 83 ranger? Or would i have to buy a piece from summit part number TRD-1413. Then a regular kit or is there a kit that has it all that would work and were would i beable to get it?

projectnitemare

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
396W
Transmission
Manual
Pretty much any folter relocation kit is fine. You want the block adapter to have the ports coming out 90 degrees from the block, not straight out. There is little room due to the steering box. The adapter is no different than one used for a 302.

Matt

HoleshotKFX400

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Advanced Adaptors ( http://www.advanceadapters.com/ ) sells a kit (P/N 716084) that gives you the part that you found above & the part that the oil filter screws onto + the hoses. Just a tip but you are probably going to have to run the hoses out of the front of the motor due to no clearance any place else. Make sure you put the plugs in the one side before installing it to make it easier. You'll have to put the barbs on the other side after its on the motor.

wade

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Use the Search feature. Look up "Oil Filter Relocation". Don't forget to search on RPS, too.
Between TRS and RPS you'll find a whole lot of good info.

Last edited:

Totalled

Law Enforcement
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
8 rabid gophers
Transmission
Automatic

wrifraff

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
An empty hole:(
Transmission
Automatic
I haven't seen a V-8 swap yet. Do you need to relocate the oil filter? It been a while since I've seen the 2.8 that came out of my BII, but if I remember right there was some kind of fitting on the block for the oil filter. Would that work?

v-8power

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I haven't seen a V-8 swap yet. Do you need to relocate the oil filter? It been a while since I've seen the 2.8 that came out of my BII, but if I remember right there was some kind of fitting on the block for the oil filter. Would that work?
Yes you need to relocate the oil filter. I did see someone try to use a filter off a Harley Davidson once.

If you need to see pics of a swap check out some of the car domain pages of our members. You could also check out the show off your truck forum.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

XLTsplash
June Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals