• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

So you want to install add-a-leafs???

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Duh!
Transmission
Automatic
well i put an aal in my bronco II the other day and took alot of pics, so i thought i would make a write up. But if u get hurt or fawk up your rig, its not my fault. Take your time!

First thing u do is jack up the rear and support the frame with jackstands, its easier to do one side at a time, then try both at the same time.

Second, take the wheel off, and loosen the ubolts that hold the spring on the axle

Some people choose to take the whole leaf out, but i chose to leave them in to do the aal, it is alot easier with them removed and using a vice.

Next undo the rear sway bar link if so equiped

Now place a jack under the side of the axle you are working on(i put it under the shock mount), and lower the axle. Then take the right size socket and vice grip pliers and remove the centering pin, its usefull to use a c-clamp to hold the springs together( DO NOT PUT YOUR HANDS BETWEEN THE SPRINGS AND AXLE WHILE DOING THIS)

The pack will start to come apart

This is the pack removed from the main leaf

Here is the main leaf, still on the vehicle

Ok now the fun part. put your aal in with your other leafs where it is the correct length with the others in the pack (top longer, bottom shorter), then run your new centering pin through the holes up through the main leaf

If your centering pin isnt long enough use a c-clamp to pull the leafs together far enough to get it through and get a nuts length threaded on

Here is the finished product

Now reinstall the ubolts

and reinstall the sway bar links and do other side

Hope this helps, ive seen some instructions that come with aal's that have no pics, and i figured this would help out some noobies :thefinger:

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
thanks, good write-up

t0x1k

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.slo
Transmission
Automatic
I'll add this.

Clamp the pack down with a couple c clamps until it's all tight and use grease between the leaves to help them move smoothly, then tighten the center bolt, I did it your way and tightened the pack with the bolt and it snapped.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals