• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Just A Quick Question Concerning Frames and Nerf Bars

Dweano

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Ok here's the deal, I found a great deal on Nerf Bars close to my place (a big factor, shipping to Canada is a pain in the ass). Anyways the nerf bars are for a 1998 - 07 Ranger 4 door XTL Edge. Problem is, I have a 1996 4 door XL. I know that a different Generation than mine, but really they should work right? I'm handy with a drill haha and the frames should be similiar. Or will it completely not work?

REDRUM

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Where did you get a 1996 with 4 doors from?

Second, If you found a place that makes frame mounted nerf bars, send me the link. I want some for my '99 4 DOOR.

Dweano

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Awe crap, I meant extended cab, not sure why I said four door. Sorry about that. And this is just some guy selling them, I dunno where he got them, sorry.

krugford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Not the same as you're year, but on my old 1992 Ranger 4x4, I installed a set of nerf bars that I got that were made for a 1998 (and other years...). They didn't bolt to the frame on that one. The front mount came with a special bracket that inserted into a channel near the front of the cab, which fit my truck perfectly. The rear however, I had to fabricate myself. I eneded bolting it to the cab through holes I had to drill, I also ran a bar over the frame and drilled a couple holes there. They were pretty solid and I could jack the truck up with them if I wanted to.

If it's that great of a deal, and you are anything near being a semi-competent at fabricating simple brackets, then even it they didn't fit at all, you could make them fit.

Dweano

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
$100 bucks (canadian! haha) for a set of chrome nerf bars that are close enough to me that I can pick them up saving shipping and most likely customs fees seems like a good deal to me:D And that was my thoughts, it shouldn't be too hard to fabricate something...but I dunno about my semi competence...but I'm hoping I could figure something out haha.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals